25 U.S. Code § 458ee - Reports
prev | next
The Secretary shall submit to Congress a written report on January 1 of each year following October 25, 1994, regarding the administration of this part.
The report shall—
(2) identify, with particularity, all funds that are specifically or functionally related to the provision by the Secretary of services and benefits to Self-Governance tribes and their members;
(3) identify the funds transferred to each Self-Governance tribe and the corresponding reduction in the Federal bureaucracy;
(c) Report on non-BIA programs
(1) In order to optimize opportunities for including non-Bureau of Indian Affairs programs, services, functions, and activities, or portions thereof, in agreements with tribes participating in Self-Governance under this part, the Secretary shall—
(A) review all programs, services, functions, and activities, or portions thereof, administered by the Department of the Interior, other than through the Bureau of Indian Affairs, without regard to the agency or office concerned; and
(B) not later than 90 days after October 25, 1994, provide to the appropriate committees of Congress a listing of all such programs, services, functions, and activities, or portions thereof, that the Secretary determines, with the concurrence of tribes participating in Self-Governance under this part, are eligible for inclusion in such agreements at the request of a participating Indian tribe.
(2) The Secretary shall establish programmatic targets, after consultation with tribes participating in Self-Governance under this part, to encourage bureaus of the Department to assure that a significant portion of such programs, services, functions, and activities are actually included in the agreements negotiated under section 458cc of this title.
(3) The listing and targets under paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be published in the Federal Register and be made available to any Indian tribe participating in Self-Governance under this part. The list shall be published before January 1, 1995, and annually thereafter by January 1 preceding the fiscal year in which the targets are to be met.
(d) Report on Central Office funds
Within 90 days after October 25, 1994, the Secretary shall, in consultation with Indian tribes, develop a funding formula to determine the individual tribal share of funds controlled by the Central Office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs for inclusion in the Self-Governance compacts. The Secretary shall include such formula in the annual report submitted to the Congress under subsection (b) of this section, together with the views of the affected Indian tribes.