26 U.S. Code § 1385 - Amounts includible in patron’s gross income
1976—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 94–455, § 1906(b)(13)(A), struck out “or his delegate” after “Secretary”.
Subsec. (c)(2)(C). Pub. L. 94–455, § 1901(b)(3)(I), substituted “ordinary income” for “gain from the sale or exchange of property which is not a capital asset”.
1966—Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 89–809, § 211(b)(1), added par. (3).
Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 89–809, § 211(b)(2)–(4), inserted “and certain nonqualified per-unit retain certificates” in heading, inserted provisions to par. (1) for the application of the subsection to any nonqualified per-unit retain certificates which were paid as per-unit retain allocations, and inserted references to per-unit retain certificates in par. (2).
Amendment by Pub. L. 89–809 applicable to per-unit retain allocations made during taxable years of an organization described in section 1381(a) of this title (relating to organizations to which part I of subchapter T of chapter 1 applies) beginning after Apr. 30, 1966, with respect to products delivered during such years, see section 211(e)(1) of Pub. L. 89–809, set out as a note under section 1382 of this title.
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Distributions of Property : 2016-01-22
- Amounts Includible in Patron's Gross Income : 2016-01-22
- Disproportionate Distributions : 2016-01-22
- Deemed Distributions : 2016-01-22
- Definitions : 2015-03-13
- Organizations to Which Part Applies : 2015-03-13
- Treatment of Certain Liabilities : 2015-03-13
- Nonrecognition of Gain or Loss on Contributions : 2015-03-13
- Patronage Dividends : 2015-03-13
- Taxability of Corporation on Distribution : 2015-03-13
- Amounts Includible in Patron's Gross Income : 2015-03-13
- Definitions Special Rules : 2015-03-13
- Change in Identity, etc. Type F : 2015-03-13
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.