26 U.S. Code § 502 - Feeder organizations
An organization operated for the primary purpose of carrying on a trade or business for profit shall not be exempt from taxation under section 501 on the ground that all of its profits are payable to one or more organizations exempt from taxation under section 501.
1969—Pub. L. 91–172 redesignated first sentence of existing provisions as subsec. (a), and substantial portion of second sentence as subsec. (b)(1), and, in subsec. (b)(1) as so redesignated, inserted reference to section 512 of this title, and added pars. (2) and (3).
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Requirements for Exemption (Exempt v. Not Exempt) : 2014-10-31
- Feeder Organizations (Exempt v. Not Exempt) : 2014-10-31
- Rents and Royalties : 2014-10-31
- Feeder Organizations (Exempt v. Not Exempt) : 2013-04-26
- Section 501 (c)(3) Organizations : 2013-04-26
- "Exclusively" Test : 2008-09-05
- Section 501(c)(3) Organizations : 2008-09-05
- Section 501 (c)(3) Organizations : 2008-09-05
- Business Activities : 2008-06-20
- Feeder Organizations (Exempt v. Not Exempt) : 2008-06-20
- Hospitals and Health Clinics (See Also 0501.06-03) : 2002-10-11
- Rents and Royalties : 2002-10-11
- Section 501 (c)(3) Organizations : 2002-10-11