26 U.S. Code § 638 - Continental shelf areas
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Transportation : 2013-03-15
- Continental Shelf Areas : 2013-03-15
- Withholding Exemptions and Exemption Certificates : 2010-07-09
- Personal Services Exemption : 2010-07-09
- Nonresident Aliens : 2010-07-09
- US Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) - Income tax withholding, FICA, & FUTA for foreign employees working on oil & gas rigs : 2010-07-09
- Tax on Nonresident Alien Individuals : 2010-07-09
- Income From Sources Without U.S. : 2010-07-09
- Wages : 2010-07-09
- Employment : 2010-07-09
- US Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) - Income tax withholding for foreign employees working on foreign flag vessels : 2010-07-09
- Gross Income From Sources Within U.S. : 2010-07-09
- Personal Services : 2010-07-09
- Continental Shelf Areas : 2008-06-06