26 U.S. Code § 6532 - Periods of limitation on suits
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Extension of Time : 2013-07-12
- Suits By U.S. for Recovery of Erroneous Refunds : 2013-01-25
- Reconsideration by Secretary : 2011-05-13
- Reconsideration by Secretary : 2008-07-11
- Suits by Taxpayer : 2007-12-14
- Necessity for Claim for Refund : 2007-12-14
- Date of Rejection of Refund Claim : 2004-10-29
- Extension of Time : 2004-10-29
- Action for Recovery of Erroneous Refunds : 2002-12-20
- Fraud or Misrepresentation of a Material Fact : 2002-12-20
- Mode or Time of Collection : 2002-12-20
- Carrybacks: Net Operating Loss and Capital Loss : 2002-01-18
- Date of Rejection of Refund Claim : 2002-01-18
- Waiver of Notice of Disallowance : 2002-01-11
- Definition of a Deficiency : 2002-01-11
- Notice of Deficiency : 2002-01-11
- Civil Actions for Refund : 2002-01-11
- Fraud or Misrepresentation of a Material Fact : 2001-06-08