26 U.S. Code § 7001 - Collection of foreign items

prev | next
§ 7001.
Collection of foreign items
(a) License

All persons undertaking as a matter of business or for profit the collection of foreignpayments of interest or dividends by means of coupons, checks, or bills of exchange shall obtain a license from the Secretary and shall be subject to such regulations enabling the Government to obtain the information required under subtitle A (relating to income taxes) as the Secretary shall prescribe.

(b) Penalty for failure to obtain license

For penalty for failure to obtain the license provided for in this section, see section 7231.

(Aug. 16, 1954, ch. 736, 68A Stat. 845; Pub. L. 94–455, title XIX, § 1906(b)(13)(A), Oct. 4, 1976, 90 Stat. 1834.)

1976—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 94–455 struck out “or his delegate” after “Secretary” wherever appearing.


LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.