26 U.S. Code § 705 - Determination of basis of partner’s interest
1984—Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 98–369 substituted “for any partnership oil and gas property to the extent such deduction does not exceed the proportionate share of the adjusted basis of such property allocated to such partner under section 613A(c)(7)(D)” for “under section 611 with respect to oil and gas wells”.
1976—Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 94–455, § 2115(c)(3), added par. (3).
Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 94–455, § 1906(b)(13)(A), struck out “or his delegate” after “Secretary”.
Written determinations for this section
These documents, sometimes referred to as "Private Letter Rulings", are taken from the IRS Written Determinations page; the IRS also publishes a fuller explanation of what they are and what they mean. The collection is updated (at our end) daily. It appears that the IRS updates their listing every Friday.
Note that the IRS often titles documents in a very plain-vanilla, duplicative way. Do not assume that identically-titled documents are the same, or that a later document supersedes another with the same title. That is unlikely to be the case.
Release dates appear exactly as we get them from the IRS. Some are clearly wrong, but we have made no attempt to correct them, as we have no way guess correctly in all cases, and do not wish to add to the confusion.
We truncate results at 20000 items. After that, you're on your own.
- Partner's Income v. Partnership Income : 2014-05-23
- Determination of Basis of Partner's Interest : 2014-05-23
- General Rule : 2009-05-22
- Determination of Basis of Partner's Interest : 2009-05-22
- Continuation of Partnership : 2009-05-22
- Division : 2009-05-22
- Partnership Elections : 2009-05-22
- Basis of Acquired Property : 2009-05-22
- Sale or Exchange of an Interest : 1999-09-03
- Adjustments to Basis : 1999-09-03
- Basis of Transferee Partner's Interest : 1999-09-03
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.