33 U.S. Code § 7 - Use of Government iron pier in Delaware Bay
The Government iron pier in Delaware Bay near Lewes, Delaware, shall be open to public use under regulations to be prescribed by the Secretary of the Army.
Section is from act July 27, 1916, popularly known as the “Rivers and Harbors Appropriation Act of 1916”.
A further provision of act July 27, 1916, repealed act Mar. 3, 1891, ch. 542, 26 Stat. 969, which authorized a transfer of the iron pier to the Treasury Department.
Department of War designated Department of the Army and title of Secretary of War changed to Secretary of the Army by section 205(a) of act July 26, 1947, ch. 343, title II, 61 Stat. 501. Section 205(a) of act July 26, 1947, was repealed by section 53 of act Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 641. Section 1 of act Aug. 10, 1956, enacted “Title 10, Armed Forces” which in sections 3010 to 3013 continued Department of the Army under administrative supervision of Secretary of the Army.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.