40 U.S. Code § 15301 - Establishment, membership, and employees
prev | next
(a) Establishment.— There are established the following regional Commissions:
(1) Federal and state members.— Each Commission shall be composed of the following members:
(A) A Federal Cochairperson, to be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(2) Alternate members.—
(A) Alternate federal cochairperson.— The President shall appoint an alternate Federal Cochairperson for each Commission. The alternate Federal Cochairperson, when not actively serving as an alternate for the Federal Cochairperson, shall perform such functions and duties as are delegated by the Federal Cochairperson.
(B) State alternates.— The State member of a participating State may have a single alternate, who shall be appointed by the Governor of the State from among the members of the Governor’s cabinet or personal staff.
(3) Cochairpersons.— A Commission shall be headed by—
(A) the Federal Cochairperson, who shall serve as a liaison between the Federal Government and the Commission; and
(1) Federal cochairpersons.— Each Federal Cochairperson shall be compensated by the Federal Government at level III of the Executive Schedule as set out in section 5314 of title 5.
(2) Alternate federal cochairpersons.— Each Federal Cochairperson’s alternate shall be compensated by the Federal Government at level V of the Executive Schedule as set out in section 5316 of title 5.
(d) Executive Director and Staff.—
(1) In general.— A Commission shall appoint and fix the compensation of an executive director and such other personnel as are necessary to enable the Commission to carry out its duties. Compensation under this paragraph may not exceed the maximum rate of basic pay established for the Senior Executive Service under section 5382 of title 5, including any applicable locality-based comparability payment that may be authorized under section 5304(h)(2)(C) of that title.
(e) No Federal Employee Status.— No member, alternate, officer, or employee of a Commission (other than the Federal Cochairperson, the alternate Federal Cochairperson, staff of the Federal Cochairperson, and any Federal employee detailed to the Commission) shall be considered to be a Federal employee for any purpose.
Source(Added Pub. L. 110–234, title XIV, § 14217(a)(2),May 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 1469, and Pub. L. 110–246, § 4(a), title XIV, § 14217(a)(2),June 18, 2008, 122 Stat. 1664, 2231.)
Pub. L. 110–234and Pub. L. 110–246enacted identical sections. Pub. L. 110–234was repealed by section 4(a) ofPub. L. 110–246.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.