42 U.S. Code § 1962c–2 - State programs; approval by Council; submission; requirements; notice and hearing prior to disapproval
prev | next
The Council shall approve any program for comprehensive water and related land resources planning which is submitted by a State, if such program—
(1) provides for comprehensive planning with respect to intrastate or interstate water resources, or both, in such State to meet the needs for water and water-related activities taking into account prospective demands for all purposes served through or affected by water and related land resources development, with adequate provision for coordination with all Federal, State, and local agencies, and nongovernmental entities having responsibilities in affected fields;
(2) provides, where comprehensive statewide development planning is being carried on with or without assistance under section 701 of the Housing Act of 1954  or under the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 [16 U.S.C. 460l–4 et seq.], for full coordination between comprehensive water resources planning and other statewide planning programs and for assurances that such water resources planning will be in conformity with the general development policy in such State;
(3) designates a State agency (hereinafter referred to as the “State agency”) to administer the program;
(4) provides that the State agency will make such reports in such form and containing such information as the Council from time to time reasonably requires to carry out its functions under this subchapter;
(5) sets forth the procedure to be followed in carrying out the State program and in administering such program; and
(6) provides such accounting, budgeting, and other fiscal methods and procedures as are necessary for keeping appropriate accountability of the funds and for the proper and efficient administration of the program.
The Council shall not disapprove any program without first giving reasonable notice and opportunity for hearing to the State agency administering such program.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 89–80, title III, § 303,July 22, 1965, 79 Stat. 252.)
References in Text
Section 701 of the Housing Act of 1954, referred to in par. (2), is section 701 of act Aug. 2, 1954, ch. 649, 68 Stat. 640, which was classified to section 461 of former Title 40, Public Buildings, Property, and Works, and was repealed by Pub. L. 97–35, title III, § 313(b),Aug. 13, 1981, 95 Stat. 398.
The Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965, referred to in par. (2), is Pub. L. 88–578, Sept. 3, 1964, 78 Stat. 897, as amended, which is classified generally to part B (§ 460l–4 et seq.) of subchapter LXIX of chapter 1 of Title 16, Conservation. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title note set out under section 460l–4 of Title 16 and Tables.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.