42 U.S. Code § 1973ff–4a - Reporting requirements
(a) Report on status of implementation and assessment of programs
Not later than 180 days after October 28, 2009, the Presidential designee shall submit to the relevant committees of Congress a report containing the following information:
(1) The status of the implementation of the procedures established for the collection and delivery of marked absentee ballots of absent overseas uniformed services voters under section 1973ff–2a of this title, and a detailed description of the specific steps taken towards such implementation for the regularly scheduled general election for Federal office held in November 2010.
(2) An assessment of the effectiveness of the Voting Assistance Officer Program of the Department of Defense, which shall include the following:
(A) A thorough and complete assessment of whether the Program, as configured and implemented as of October 28, 2009, is effectively assisting absent uniformed services voters in exercising their right to vote.
(B) An inventory and explanation of any areas of voter assistance in which the Program has failed to accomplish its stated objectives and effectively assist absent uniformed services voters in exercising their right to vote.
(b) Annual report on effectiveness of activities and utilization of certain procedures
Not later than March 31 of each year, the Presidential designee shall transmit to the President and to the relevant committees of Congress a report containing the following information:
(1) An assessment of the effectiveness of activities carried out under section 1973ff–2b of this title, including the activities and actions of the Federal Voting Assistance Program of the Department of Defense, a separate assessment of voter registration and participation by absent uniformed services voters, a separate assessment of voter registration and participation by overseas voters who are not members of the uniformed services, and a description of the cooperation between States and the Federal Government in carrying out such section.
(2) A description of the utilization of voter registration assistance under section 1566a of title 10, which shall include the following:
(A) A description of the specific programs implemented by each military department of the Armed Forces pursuant to such section.
(3) In the case of a report submitted under this subsection in the year following a year in which a regularly scheduled general election for Federal office is held, a description of the utilization of the procedures for the collection and delivery of marked absentee ballots established pursuant to section 1973ff–2a of this title, which shall include the number of marked absentee ballots collected and delivered under such procedures and the number of such ballots which were not delivered by the time of the closing of the polls on the date of the election (and the reasons such ballots were not so delivered).
In this section:
(1) Absent overseas uniformed services voter
(2) Presidential designee
(3) Relevant committees of Congress defined
The term “relevant committees of Congress” means—
(A) the Committees on Appropriations, Armed Services, and Rules and Administration of the Senate; and
Source(Pub. L. 99–410, title I, § 105A, as added Pub. L. 111–84, div. A, title V, § 586,Oct. 28, 2009, 123 Stat. 2331.)
References in Text
This Act, referred to in subsec. (a)(2)(C), is Pub. L. 99–410, Aug. 28, 1986, 100 Stat. 924, known as the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, which enacted this subchapter. For complete classification of this Act to the Code, see Short Title of 1986 Amendment note set out under section 1971 of this title and Tables.