42 U.S. Code § 2296b–7 - Definitions
prev | next
For purposes of this part:
(1) The term “Corporation” means the United States Enrichment Corporation established under section 2297b  of this title or its successor.
(2) The term “country of origin” means—
(3) The term “domestic origin” refers to any uranium that has been mined in the United States including uranium recovered from uranium deposits in the United States by underground mining, open-pit mining, strip mining, in situ recovery, leaching, and ion recovery, or recovered from phosphoric acid manufactured in the United States.
(4) The term “domestic uranium producer” means a person or entity who produces domestic uranium and who has, to the extent required by State and Federal agencies having jurisdiction, licenses and permits for the operation, decontamination, decommissioning, and reclamation of sites, structures and equipment.
(5) The term “non-affiliated” refers to a seller who does not control, and is not controlled by or under common control with, the buyer.
(6) The term “overfeed” means to use uranium in the enrichment process in excess of the amount required at the transactional tails assay.
(7) The term “utility regulatory authority” means any State agency or Federal agency that has ratemaking authority with respect to the sale of electric energy by any electric utility or independent power producer. For purposes of this paragraph, the terms “electric utility”, “State agency”, “Federal agency”, and “ratemaking authority” have the respective meanings given such terms in section 2602 of title 16.
 See References in Text note below.
Source(Pub. L. 102–486, title X, § 1018,Oct. 24, 1992, 106 Stat. 2950; Pub. L. 104–134, title III, § 3117(b),Apr. 26, 1996, 110 Stat. 1321–350.)
References in Text
Section 2297b of this title, referred to in par. (1), was repealed by Pub. L. 104–134, title III, § 3116(a)(1),Apr. 26, 1996, 110 Stat. 1321–349.
Section was enacted as part of the Energy Policy Act of 1992, and not as part of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 which comprises this chapter.
1996—Par. (1). Pub. L. 104–134inserted “or its successor” before period at end.
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.