42 U.S. Code § 274f–3 - Studies relating to organ donation and the recovery, preservation, and transportation of organs
prev | next
(a) Development of supportive information
The Secretary, acting through the Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, shall develop scientific evidence in support of efforts to increase organ donation and improve the recovery, preservation, and transportation of organs.
In carrying out subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary shall—
(1) conduct or support evaluation research to determine whether interventions, technologies, or other activities improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or quality of existing organ donation practice;
(2) undertake or support periodic reviews of the scientific literature to assist efforts of professional societies to ensure that the clinical practice guidelines that they develop reflect the latest scientific findings;
(3) ensure that scientific evidence of the research and other activities undertaken under this section is readily accessible by the organ procurement workforce; and
(c) Research and dissemination
The Secretary, acting through the Director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, as appropriate, shall provide support for research and dissemination of findings, to—
(2) apply information technology and telecommunications to support the clinical operations of organ procurement organizations;
(3) enhance the skill levels of the organ procurement workforce in undertaking quality improvement activities; and
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.