42 U.S. Code § 300ee–12 - Provisions with respect to carrying out purpose of grants
prev | next
(1) to develop, establish, and conduct public information activities relating to the prevention and diagnosis of acquired immune deficiency syndrome for those populations or communities in the State in which there are a significant number of individuals at risk of infection with the etiologic agent for such syndrome;
(2) to develop, establish, and conduct such public information activities for the general public relating to the prevention and diagnosis of such syndrome;
(3) to develop, establish, and conduct activities to reduce risks relating to such syndrome, including research into the prevention of such syndrome;
(5) to provide technical assistance to public entities, to nonprofit private entities concerned with such syndrome, to schools, and to employers, for the purpose of developing information programs relating to such syndrome;
(6) with respect to education and training programs for the prevention of such syndrome, to conduct such programs for health professionals (including allied health professionals), public safety workers (including emergency response employees), teachers, school administrators, and other appropriate education personnel;
(7) to conduct appropriate programs for educating school-aged children with respect to such syndrome, after consulting with local school boards;
(8) to make available to physicians and dentists in the State information with respect to acquired immune deficiency syndrome, including measures for the prevention of exposure to, and the transmission of, the etiologic agent for such syndrome (which information is updated not less than annually with the most recently available scientific date  relating to such syndrome);
(9) to carry out the initial implementation of recommendations contained in the guidelines and the model curriculum developed under section 300ee–2 of this title; and
(10) to make grants to public entities, and to nonprofit private entities concerned with acquired immune deficiency syndrome, for the purpose of the development, establishment, and expansion of programs for education directed toward individuals at increased risk of infection with the etiologic agent for such syndrome and activities to reduce the risks of exposure to such etiologic agent, with preference to programs directed toward populations in which there is significant evidence of such infection.
 So in original. Probably should be “data”.
Source(July 1, 1944, ch. 373, title XXV, formerly title XV, § 2502, as added Pub. L. 100–607, title II, § 221,Nov. 4, 1988, 102 Stat. 3094; amended Pub. L. 100–690, title II, § 2619(b),Nov. 18, 1988, 102 Stat. 4242; renumbered title XXV, Pub. L. 101–93, § 5(e)(1),Aug. 16, 1989, 103 Stat. 612.)
A prior section 2502 of act July 1, 1944, was successively renumbered by subsequent acts, see section 238a of this title.
1988—Par. (9). Pub. L. 100–690made technical amendment to reference to section 300ee–2 of this title to correct reference to corresponding provision of original act.
Effective Date of 1988 Amendment
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.