42 U.S. Code § 300ff–87a - National HIV/AIDS testing goal
prev | next
(a) In general
Not later than January 1, 2010, the Secretary shall establish a national HIV/AIDS testing goal of 5,000,000 tests for HIV/AIDS annually through federally-supported HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care programs, including programs under this subchapter and other programs administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
(b) Annual report
Not later than January 1, 2011, and annually thereafter, the Secretary, acting through the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, shall submit to Congress a report describing, with regard to the preceding 12-month reporting period—
(2) the total number of individuals tested through federally-supported and other HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care programs in each State;
(3) the number of individuals who—
(4) any barriers, including State laws and regulations, that the Secretary determines to be a barrier to meeting the testing goal described in subsection (a);
(5) the amount of funding the Secretary determines necessary to meet the annual testing goal in the following 12 months and the amount of Federal funding expended to meet the testing goal in the prior 12-month period; and
(c) Review of program effectiveness
Not later than 1 year after October 30, 2009, the Secretary, in consultation with the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, shall submit a report to Congress based on a comprehensive review of each of the programs and activities conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as part of the Domestic HIV/AIDS Prevention Activities, including the following:
(4) The relative effectiveness of each program or activity with relation to the other programs and activities conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, based on the—
(A) number of previously undiagnosed individuals with HIV/AIDS made aware of their status and referred into the appropriate treatment;
(B) amount of funding provided for each program or activity compared to the number of undiagnosed individuals with HIV/AIDS made aware of their status;
Source(July 1, 1944, ch. 373, title XXVI, § 2688, as added Pub. L. 111–87, § 12(2),Oct. 30, 2009, 123 Stat. 2896.)
A prior section 2688 of act July 1, 1944, was renumbered section 2689 and is classified to section 300ff–88 of this title.
Another prior section 2688 of act July 1, 1944, was classified to section 300ff–88 of this title prior to the general amendment of this part by Pub. L. 109–415.