42 U.S. Code § 300w–2 - Payments under allotments to States

prev | next
(1) For each fiscal year, the Secretary shall make payments, as provided by section 6503 (a) of title 31, to each State from its allotment under section 300w–1 of this title (other than any amount reserved under section 300w–1 (d) of this title) from amounts appropriated for that fiscal year.
(2) Any amount paid to a State for a fiscal year and remaining unobligated at the end of such year shall remain available for the next fiscal year to such State for the purposes for which it was made.
(b) The Secretary, at the request of a State, may reduce the amount of payments under subsection (a) of this section by—
(1) the fair market value of any supplies or equipment furnished the State, and
(2) the amount of the pay, allowances, and travel expenses of any officer or employee of the Government when detailed to the State and the amount of any other costs incurred in connection with the detail of such officer or employee,
when the furnishing of supplies or equipment or the detail of an officer or employee is for the convenience of and at the request of the State and for the purpose of conducting activities described in section 300w–3 of this title. The amount by which any payment is so reduced shall be available for payment by the Secretary of the costs incurred in furnishing the supplies or equipment or in detailing the personnel, on which the reduction of the payment is based, and the amount shall be deemed to be part of the payment and shall be deemed to have been paid to the State.


(July 1, 1944, ch. 373, title XIX, § 1903, as added Pub. L. 97–35, title IX, § 901,Aug. 13, 1981, 95 Stat. 537.)

In subsec. (a)(1), “section 6503 (a) of title 31” substituted for “section 203 of the Intergovernmental Cooperation Act of 1968 (42 U.S.C. 4213)” on authority of Pub. L. 97–258, § 4(b),Sept. 13, 1982, 96 Stat. 1067, the first section of which enacted Title 31, Money and Finance.

This is a list of parts within the Code of Federal Regulations for which this US Code section provides rulemaking authority.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

45 CFR - Public Welfare



LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.