If at any time there shall be insufficient sums in the Colorado River Dam Fund to meet the cost of replacements, however necessitated, in addition to meeting the other requirements of this subchapter, or of regulations authorized hereby and promulgated by the Secretary, the Secretary of the Treasury, upon request of the Secretary of the Interior, shall readvance to the said fund, in amounts not exceeding, in the aggregate, moneys repaid to the Treasury pursuant to section 618a(b) of this title, the amount required for replacements, however necessitated, in excess of the amount currently available therefor in said Colorado River Dam Fund. There is authorized to be appropriated, out of any money in the Treasury not otherwise appropriated, such sums, not exceeding said aggregate amount, as may be necessary to permit the Secretary of the Treasury to make such readvances. All such readvances shall bear interest.
43 U.S. Code § 618d - Readvances from Treasury where Dam Fund is insufficient to meet cost of replacements
Pub. L. 103–316, title II, Aug. 26, 1994, 108 Stat. 1713, which provided in part that amounts required for replacement work on the Boulder Canyon Project that would require readvances to the Colorado River Dam Fund from the total appropriated for operation and maintenance of reclamation projects were to be so readvanced pursuant to this section, and that readvances after Oct. 1, 1984, were to bear a prescribed interest rate, was from the Energy and Water Development Appropriations Act, 1995, and was not repeated in subsequent appropriation acts. Similar provisions were contained in the following prior appropriation acts:
- Adjustment to Lawful Resident Status of Certain Nationals of Countries for Which Extended Voluntary Departure Has Been Made Available
- Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriation Act, 1987
- Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriation Act, 1988
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1987
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1988