The electromagnetic spectrum described in this paragraph is the 15 megahertz of spectrum between 1675 megahertz and 1710 megahertz identified under paragraph (3).
47 U.S. Code § 1451 - Deadlines for auction of certain spectrum
prev | next
(a) Clearing certain Federal spectrum
(1) In generalThe President shall—
not later than 3 years after February 22, 2012, begin the process of withdrawing or modifying the assignment to a Federal Government station of the electromagnetic spectrum described in paragraph (2); and
not later than 30 days after completing the withdrawal or modification, notify the Commission that the withdrawal or modification is complete.
(2) Spectrum described
(b) Reallocation and auction
(1) In generalNotwithstanding paragraph (15)(A) of section 309(j) of this title, not later than 3 years after February 22, 2012, the Commission shall, except as provided in paragraph (4)—
(2) Spectrum describedThe spectrum described in this paragraph is the following:
Fifteen megahertz of contiguous spectrum to be identified by the Commission.
(3) Proceeds to cover 110 percent of Federal relocation or sharing costs
(4) Determination by CommissionIf the Commission determines that the band of frequencies described in paragraph (2)(A) or the band of frequencies described in paragraph (2)(B) cannot be used without causing harmful interference to commercial mobile service licensees in the frequencies between 1930 megahertz and 1995 megahertz, the Commission may not—