48 U.S. Code Chapter 7, Subchapter I - GENERAL PROVISIONS
prev | next
- § 1391. Repealed.]
- § 1392. Local laws continued; courts
- § 1392a. Repealed.]
- § 1392b. Repealed.]
- § 1393. Repealed.]
- § 1394. Customs duties and internal-revenue taxes
- § 1395. Tax laws continued; tax on sugar
- § 1396. Duties and taxes covered into Virgin Islands treasury
- § 1397. Income tax laws of United States in force; payment of proceeds; levy of surtax on all taxpayers
- § 1398. Omitted
- § 1399. Repealed.]
- § 1400. Repealed.]
- §§ 1401 to 1401e. Repealed.]
- § 1401f. Omitted
- § 1402. Extension of industrial alcohol and internal revenue laws to Virgin Islands
- § 1403. Issuance of bonds or other obligations by government or municipalities; use of proceeds; limit on public indebtedness; terms, execution, interest rate, and sale price; taxes
- § 1403a. Expenditure of bond proceeds for public improvements
- § 1403b. Bond liability of United States
For additional provisions, constituting a revision of the Organic Act of the Virgin Islands of the United States, see section 1541 et seq. of this title.
A new organic act, or basic charter of civil government, for the people of the Virgin Islands of the United States, was passed in 1954. Act July 22, 1954, ch. 558, 68 Stat. 497, known as the Revised Organic Act of the Virgin Islands, is set out as section 1541 et seq. of this title. Section 8(c) of the Revised Organic Act, set out as section 1574 (c) of this title, provides that laws of the United States, set out generally in this chapter, as well as local laws and ordinances, including provisions of the Organic Act of the Virgin Islands of the United States, act June 22, 1936, ch. 699, 49 Stat. 1807, section 1405 et seq. of this title, in force on July 22, 1954, and not inconsistent with act July 22, 1954, are to remain in force and effect until otherwise changed.
Delegate to Congress From Virgin Islands
Provisions respecting representation in Congress by a Delegate from Virgin Islands to the House of Representatives, see section 1711 et seq. of this title.