49 U.S. Code § 6306 - Transportation statistical collection, analysis, and dissemination
To ensure that all transportation statistical collection, analysis, and dissemination is carried out in a coordinated manner, the Director may—
(1) use the services, equipment, records, personnel, information, and facilities of other Federal agencies, or State, local, and private agencies and instrumentalities, subject to the conditions that the applicable agency or instrumentality consents to that use and with or without reimbursement for such use;
(2) enter into agreements with the agencies and instrumentalities described in paragraph (1) for purposes of data collection and analysis;
(3) confer and cooperate with foreign governments, international organizations, and State, municipal, and other local agencies;
(4) request such information, data, and reports from any Federal agency as the Director determines necessary to carry out this chapter;
(5) encourage replication, coordination, and sharing of information among transportation agencies regarding information systems, information policy, and data; and
LII has no control over and does not endorse any external Internet site that contains links to or references LII.