Quick search by citation:

54 U.S. Code § 101305 - Travel expenses of System employees and dependents of deceased employees

prev | next
In the administration of the System, the Secretary may, under regulations the Secretary may prescribe, pay the travel expenses (including the costs of packing, crating, and transporting (including draying) personal property) of—
employees, on permanent change of station of the employees; and
(2) dependents of deceased employees—
to the nearest housing reasonably available that is of a standard not less than that which is vacated, including compensation for not to exceed 60 days rental cost, in the case of an employee who occupied Federal Government housing and whose death requires the housing to be promptly vacated; and
to the nearest port of entry in the conterminous 48 States in the case of an employee whose last permanent station was outside the conterminous 48 States.

Historical and Revision Notes



Source (U.S. Code)

Source (Statutes at Large)


16 U.S.C. 17j.

May 26, 1930, ch. 324, § 11, 46 Stat. 383; Pub. L. 91–383, § 5, as added Pub. L. 94–458, § 2, Oct. 7, 1976, 90 Stat. 1939.