6 U.S. Code § 124d - Intelligence components
Subject to the direction and control of the Secretary, and consistent with any applicable guidance issued by the Director of National Intelligence, the responsibilities of the head of each intelligence component of the Department are as follows:
(1) To ensure that the collection, processing, analysis, and dissemination of information within the scope of the information sharing environment, including homeland security information, terrorism information, weapons of mass destruction information, and national intelligence (as defined in section 3003(5) of title 50), are carried out effectively and efficiently in support of the intelligence mission of the Department, as led by the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis.
(2) To otherwise support and implement the intelligence mission of the Department, as led by the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis.
(3) To incorporate the input of the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis with respect to performance appraisals, bonus or award recommendations, pay adjustments, and other forms of commendation.
(4) To coordinate with the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis in developing policies and requirements for the recruitment and selection of intelligence officials of the intelligence component.
(5) To advise and coordinate with the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis on any plan to reorganize or restructure the intelligence component that would, if implemented, result in realignments of intelligence functions.
(6) To ensure that employees of the intelligence component have knowledge of, and comply with, the programs and policies established by the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis and other appropriate officials of the Department and that such employees comply with all applicable laws and regulations.