7 U.S. Code § 927 - General duties and prohibitions
The Secretary and the Governor of the telephone bank shall—
(1) notwithstanding section 553 (a)(2) of title 5, cause to be published in the Federal Register, in accordance with subsections (b) through (e) ofsection 553 of such title, all rules, regulations, bulletins, and other written policy standards governing the operations of the telephone loan and loan guarantee programs administered under this chapter other than those relating to agency management and personnel;
(2) in evaluating the feasibility of a telephone loan to be made to a borrower for telephone services, use—
(A) with respect to items for which the regulatory authority with jurisdiction over the provision of such services has approved the depreciation rates used by the borrower, such approved rates; and
The Secretary and the Governor of the telephone bank shall not—
(1) rescind an insured telephone loan, or a Rural Telephone Bank loan, made under this chapter without the consent of the borrower, unless all of the purposes for which telephone loans have been made to the borrower under this chapter have been accomplished with funds provided under this chapter;
(2) regulate the order or sequence of advances of funds under telephone loans made under this chapter to any borrower who has received any combination of telephone loans from the Secretary, the Rural Telephone Bank, or the Federal Financing Bank; or
(3) deny a loan or advance to, or take any other adverse action against, an applicant for, or a borrower of, a telephone loan under this chapter for any reason that is not based on a rule, regulation, bulletin, or other written policy standard that has not been published pursuant to section 553 of title 5.
Source(May 20, 1936, ch. 432, title II, § 206, as added Pub. L. 101–624, title XXIII, § 2357,Nov. 28, 1990, 104 Stat. 4040; amended Pub. L. 103–354, title II, § 235(a)(7), (13),Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3221.)
1994—Pub. L. 103–354substituted “Secretary” for “Administrator” in subsecs. (a) and (b) and “Secretary” for “Rural Electrification Administration” in subsec. (b)(2).