1 CFR § 603.10 - Conditions for disclosure.
(a) Except as set forth in paragraph (b) of this section, no Record contained in a SOR shall be disclosed by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, unless prior written consent is obtained from the Individual to whom the Record pertains.
(b) The limitations on disclosure contained in paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply when disclosure of a Record is:
(1) To employees of the NCPC for use in the performance of their duties;
(3) For a Routine Use as described in a SORN;
(4) To the Bureau of Census for statistical purposes, provided that the Record must be transferred in a form that precludes individual identification;
(5) To an Individual who provides NCPC adequate written assurance that the Record shall be used solely for statistical or research purposes, provided that the Record must be transferred in a form that precludes Individual identification;
(6) To the NARA because the Record warrants permanent retention because of historical or other national value as determined by NARA or to permit NARA to determine whether the Record has such value;
(7) To a law enforcement agency for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity, provided that the law enforcement agency must submit a written request to the NCPC specifying the Record(s) sought and the purpose for which they will be used;
(8) To any person upon demonstration of compelling information that an Individual's health or safety is at stake and provided that upon disclosure, notification is given to the Individual to whom the Record pertains at that Individual's last known address;
(9) To either House of Congress, and any committee or subcommittee thereof, to include joint committees of both houses and any subcommittees thereof, when a Record falls within their jurisdiction;
(10) To the Comptroller General, or any of his authorized representatives, to allow the Government Accountability Office to perform its duties;
(11) Pursuant to a court order by a court of competent jurisdiction; and
(12) To a consumer reporting agency trying to collect a claim of the government as authorized by 31 U.S.C. 3711(e).