10 CFR § 33.13 - Requirements for the issuance of a Type A specific license of broad scope.
An application for a Type A specific license of broad scope will be approved if:
(b) The applicant has engaged in a reasonable number of activities involving the use of byproduct material; and
(c) The applicant has established administrative controls and provisions relating to organization and management, procedures, record keeping, material control, and accounting and management review that are necessary to assure safe operations, including:
(1) The establishment of a radiation safety committee composed of such persons as a radiological safety officer, a representative of management, and persons trained and experienced in the safe use of radioactive materials;
(2) The appointment of a radiological safety officer who is qualified by training and experience in radiation protection, and who is available for advice and assistance on radiological safety matters; and
(3) The establishment of appropriate administrative procedures to assure:
(i) Control of procurement and use of byproduct material;
(ii) Completion of safety evaluations of proposed uses of byproduct material which take into consideration such matters as the adequacy of facilities and equipment, training and experience of the user, and the operating or handling procedures; and
(iii) Review, approval, and recording by the radiation safety committee of safety evaluations of proposed uses prepared in accordance with paragraph (c)(3)(ii) of this section prior to use of the byproduct material.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Nev. Admin. Code § 459.3062 - 459.3062 - Adoption by reference and revision of certain provisions of federal regulations regarding medical use of radioactive material.
- 10A NCAC 15 .0317 - 10A NCAC 15 .0317 - SPECIFIC LICENSES: FILING APPLICATION AND GENERAL REQUIREMENT