10 CFR 473.23 - Interagency review panel.
(a) The interagency review panel shall consist of -
(1) A head designated by the Federal agency that employs the manager;
(2) A representative of the DOE if the manager is not an employee of the DOE; and
(3) A representative of any other Federal agency deemed appropriate by the Federal agency that employs the manager.
(b) The interagency review panel shall -
(1) Review the research and development to be performed and consider the information presented by the applicant, in the case of a grant, cooperative agreement, or contract, and by any interested person who filed a statement of objection;
(2) Make a recommendation with a supporting statement of findings to the manager as to whether the research and development to be performed complies with the standards and criteria of § 473.30; and
(3) Operate by majority vote with the head of the panel casting the decisive vote in the event of a tie.