10 CFR 51.60 - Environmental report - materials licenses.
(a) Each applicant for a license or other form of permission, or an amendment to or renewal of a license or other form of permission issued pursuant to parts 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 40, 61, 70 and/or 72 of this chapter, and covered by paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(5) of this section, shall submit with its application to: ATTN: Document Control Desk, Director, Nuclear Material Safety and Safeguards, a separate document, entitled “Applicant's Environmental Report” or “Supplement to Applicant's Environmental Report,” as appropriate. The “Applicant's Environmental Report” shall contain the information specified in § 51.45. If the application is for an amendment to or a renewal of a license or other form of permission for which the applicant has previously submitted an environmental report, the supplement to applicant's environmental report may be limited to incorporating by reference, updating or supplementing the information previously submitted to reflect any significant environmental change, including any significant environmental change resulting from operational experience or a change in operations or proposed decommissioning activities. If the applicant is the U.S. Department of Energy, the environmental report may be in the form of either an environmental impact statement or an environmental assessment, as appropriate.
(1) Issuance or renewal of a license or other form of permission for:
(i) Possession and use of special nuclear material for processing and fuel fabrication, scrap recovery, or conversion of uranium hexafluoride pursuant to part 70 of this chapter.
(ii) Possession and use of source material for uranium milling or production of uranium hexafluoride pursuant to part 40 of this chapter.
(iii) Storage of spent fuel in an independent spent fuel storage installation (ISFSI) or the storage of spent fuel or high-level radio-active waste in a monitored retrievable storage installation (MRS) pursuant to part 72 of this chapter.
(v) Processing of source material for extraction of rare earth and other metals.
(vi) Use of radioactive tracers in field flood studies involving secondary and tertiary oil and gas recovery.
(2) Issuance of an amendment that would authorize or result in (i) a significant expansion of a site, (ii) a significant change in the types of effluents, (iii) a significant increase in the amounts of effluents, (iv) a significant increase in individual or cumulative occupational radiation exposure, (v) a significant increase in the potential for or consequences from radiological accidents, or (vi) a significant increase in spent fuel storage capacity, in a license or other form of permission to conduct an activity listed in paragraph (b)(1) of this section.
(3) Amendment of a license to authorize the decommissioning of an independent spent fuel storage installation (ISFSI) or a monitored retrievable storage installation (MRS) pursuant to part 72 of this chapter.
(4) Issuance of a license amendment pursuant to part 61 of this chapter authorizing (i) closure of a land disposal site, (ii) transfer of the license to the disposal site owner for the purpose of institutional control, or (iii) termination of the license at the end of the institutional control period.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 51 after this date.
- 10 CFR 51.17 — Information Collection Requirements; OMB Approval.
- 10 CFR 51.22 — Criterion for Categorical Exclusion; Identification of Licensing and Regulatory Actions Eligible for Categorical Exclusion or Otherwise Not Requiring Environmental Review.
- 10 CFR 51.45 — Environmental Report.
- 10 CFR 51.66 — Environmental Report - Number of Copies; Distribution.
Title 10 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 10 CFR Part 51.