10 CFR 75.21 - General requirements.
(a) Each licensee or certificate holder who has been given notice by the Commission in writing that its facility has been identified under the Safeguards Agreement shall establish, maintain, and follow written material accounting and control procedures. The licensee or certificate holder shall retain as a record current material accounting and control procedures until the Commission terminates the license or certificate for the facility involved with the request or until the Commission notifies the licensee or certificate holder that the licensee or certificate holder is no longer under the Safeguards Agreement. Superseded material must be retained for 3 years after each change is made.
(b) The material accounting and control procedures required by paragraph (a) of this section shall include, as appropriate:
(1) A measurement system for the determination of the quantities of nuclear material received, produced, shipped, lost or otherwise removed from inventory, and the quantities on inventory;
(2) The evaluation of precision and accuracy of measurements and the estimation of measurement uncertainty;
(3) Procedures for identifying, reviewing and evaluating differences in shipper/receiver measurements;
(4) Procedures, including frequency, for taking a physical inventory;
(5) Procedures for the evaluation of accumulations of unmeasured inventory and unmeasured losses; and
(6) A system of accounting and operating records.
(2) Until facility information has been submitted by the applicant, licensee, or certificate holder, the procedures must be sufficient to document changes in the quantity of nuclear material in or at its facility. Observance of the procedures described in §§ 40.61 or 74.15 of this chapter (or the corresponding provisions of the regulations of an Agreement State) by any applicant, licensee, or certificate holder subject thereto constitutes compliance with this paragraph.
Title 10 published on 10-May-2017 03:48
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 10 CFR Part 75 after this date.