10 CFR 770.9 - What conditions apply to DOE indemnification of claims against a person or entity based on the release or threatened release of a hazardous substance or pollutant or contaminant attributable to DOE?
(a) If an agreement for the transfer of real property for economic development contains an indemnification provision, the person or entity requesting indemnification for a particular claim must:
(1) Notify the Field Office Manager in writing within two years after such claim accrues under § 770.11 of this part;
(2) Furnish the Field Office Manager, or such other DOE official as the Field Office Manager designates, with evidence or proof of the claim;
(3) Furnish the Field Office Manager, or such other DOE official as the Field Office Manager designates, with copies of pertinent papers (e.g., legal documents) received by the person or entity;
(4) If requested by DOE, provide access to records and personnel of the person or entity for purposes of defending or settling the claim; and
(5) Provide certification that the person or entity making the claim did not contribute to any such release or threatened release.
(b) DOE will enter into an indemnification agreement if DOE determines that indemnification is essential for the purpose of facilitating reuse or redevelopment.
(c) DOE may not indemnify any person or entity for a claim if the person or entity contributed to the release or threatened release of a hazardous substance or pollutant or contaminant that is the basis of the claim.
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.