12 CFR 1290.2 - Community support requirement.
(a) Bank notice to members. By June 29, 2015, and by March 31, 2017, and every two years thereafter, each Bank must provide written notice to all of its members subject to community support review that each such member must submit to FHFA a completed Community Support Statement in accordance with the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section. Unless instructed otherwise by FHFA, the Bank must provide to each member a blank Community Support Statement Form, which will also be available on FHFA's Web site. Upon a member's request, the Bank must provide assistance to the member in completing the Community Support Statement.
(b) Community Support Statement. -
(1) Submission requirements. Except as provided in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, each member that is subject to community support review must submit to FHFA a completed Community Support Statement and any other related information FHFA may require by December 31, 2015, and by December 31 every two years thereafter. The member's completed Community Support Statement must be executed by an appropriate senior officer of the member and must be submitted to FHFA pursuant to FHFA's submission instructions.
(2) Transition provision. Members that were selected for community support review during the 2014-2015 review cycle prior to June 29, 2015 are required to submit completed Community Support Statements as provided in the applicable Federal Register Notice. Members that have submitted or submit completed Community Support Statements to FHFA as required in the applicable Federal Register Notice for the 2014-2015 review cycle are not required to submit a second Community Support Statement to FHFA by the December 31, 2015 deadline.
(c) Notice to public. -
(1) By the Banks. By June 29, 2015, and by March 31, 2017, and every two years thereafter, each Bank must provide written notice to its Advisory Council, and to interested nonprofit housing developers, community groups, and other interested parties in its district, and include a notice on its public Web site, of the opportunity to submit comments on the community support programs and activities of Bank members, with the name and address of each member subject to community support review and the deadline and FHFA contact information for submission of any comments to FHFA.
(2) By FHFA. FHFA may publish a notice in the Federal Register notifying the public of the opportunity to submit comments on the community support programs and activities of Bank members, with the deadline and FHFA contact information for submission of any comments to FHFA.
(3) Consideration of comments. In reviewing a member for compliance with the community support requirements, FHFA will take into consideration any public comments it has received concerning the member.
(d) Non-Depository Community Development Financial Institutions. A member that has been certified as a community development financial institution by the CDFI Fund, other than a member that also is an insured depository institution or a CDFI credit union (as defined in 12 CFR 1263.1), is deemed to be in compliance with the community support requirements of section 10(g) of the Federal Home Loan Bank Act (12 U.S.C. 1430(g)) and this part, by virtue of that certification. Such non-depository CDFIs, therefore, are not required to submit Community Support Statements to FHFA under paragraph (b) of this section and are not subject to community support review under this part.
(e) New Bank members. A member of a Bank is not required to submit a Community Support Statement under paragraph (b) of this section unless the institution has been a member of a Bank for at least one year as of March 31 of the year in which submissions are due under paragraph (b) of this section.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 1290 after this date.