12 CFR 1290.3 - Community support standards.
(a)In general. A member subject to community support review meets the community support requirements of this part if it submits a completed Community Support Statement that demonstrates to FHFA's satisfaction that the member complies with both the CRA standard, if the member is subject to the requirements of the CRA, and the first-time homebuyer standard.
(2) The member has an established record of lending to first-time homebuyers;
(3) The member has a program whereby it actively seeks to lend or support lending to first-time homebuyers, including, but not limited to, the following -
(i) Providing special credit products with flexible underwriting standards for first-time homebuyers;
(ii) Participating in Federal, State, or local government, or nationwide homeownership lending programs that benefit, serve, or are targeted to, first-time homebuyers; or
(iii) Participating in loan consortia for first-time homebuyer loans or loans that serve predominantly low- or moderate-income borrowers;
(4) The member has a program whereby it actively seeks to assist or support organizations that assist potential first-time homebuyers to qualify for mortgage loans, including, but not limited to, the following -
(i) Providing, participating in, or supporting special counseling programs or other homeownership education activities that benefit, serve, or are targeted to, first-time homebuyers;
(ii) Providing or participating in marketing plans and related outreach programs targeted to first-time homebuyers;
(iii) Providing technical assistance or financial support to organizations that assist first-time homebuyers;
(iv) Participating with or financially supporting community or nonprofit groups that assist first-time homebuyers;
(v) Holding investments or making loans that support first-time homebuyer programs;
(vi) Holding mortgage-backed securities that may include a pool of loans to low- and moderate-income homebuyers;
(vii) Participating or investing in service organizations that assist credit unions in providing mortgages to first-time homebuyers or low- or moderate-income households; or
(viii) Participating in a Bank Affordable Housing Program or other Bank targeted community investment or development program;
(5) The member engages in other activities, not covered by paragraphs (c)(1) through (c)(4) of this section, that demonstrate to FHFA's satisfaction the member's support for first-time homebuyers financing; or
(6) FHFA determines that mitigating factors affect the member's ability to engage in activities to assist first-time or potential first-time homebuyers as described in paragraphs (c)(1) through (c)(5) of this section.