12 CFR 261.10 - Published information.
(a) Federal Register. The Board publishes in the Federal Register for the guidance of the public:
(1) Descriptions of the Board's central and field organization;
(2) Statements of the general course and method by which the Board's functions are channeled and determined, including the nature and requirements of procedures;
(3) Rules of procedure, descriptions of forms available and the place where they may be obtained, and instructions on the scope and contents of all papers, reports, and examinations;
(4) Substantive rules, interpretations of general applicability, and statements of general policy;
(5) Every amendment, revision, or repeal of the foregoing in paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(4) of this section;
(6) Notices of proposed rulemaking;
(7) Notices of applications received under the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.), the Home Owners' Loan Act (12 U.S.C. 1461 et seq.), and the Change in Bank Control Act (12 U.S.C. 1817);
(b) Board's Reports to Congress. The Board's annual report to Congress pursuant to the Federal Reserve Act (12 U.S.C. 247), which is made public upon its submission to Congress, contains a full account of the Board's operations during the year, the policy actions by the Federal Open Market Committee, an economic review of the year, and legislative recommendations to Congress. The Board also makes periodic reports to Congress under certain statutes, including but not limited to the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552); the Government in the Sunshine Act (5 U.S.C. 552b); the Full Employment and Balanced Growth Act of 1978 (12 U.S.C. 225a); and the Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. 552a).
(c) Federal Reserve Bulletin. This publication is issued monthly and contains economic and statistical information, articles relating to the economy or Board activities, and descriptions of recent actions by the Board.
(d) Other published information. Among other things, the Board publishes the following information:
(1) Weekly publications. The Board issues the following publications weekly:
(ii) An index of applications received and the actions taken on the applications, as well as other matters issued, adopted, or promulgated by the Board; and
(iii) A statement showing changes in the structure of the banking industry resulting from mergers and the establishment of branches.
(2) Press releases. The Board frequently issues statements to the press and public regarding monetary and credit actions, regulatory actions, actions taken on certain types of applications, and other matters.
(3) Call Report and other data. Certain data from Reports of Condition and Income submitted to the Board are available through the National Technical Information Service and may be obtained by the procedure described in § 261.11(c)(2).
(4) Federal Reserve Regulatory Service. This is a multivolume looseleaf service published by the Board, containing statutes, regulations, interpretations, rulings, staff opinions, and procedural rules under which the Board operates. Portions of the service are also published as separate looseleaf handbooks relating to consumer and community affairs, monetary policy and reserve requirements, payments systems, and securities credit transactions. The service and each handbook contain subject and citation indexes, are updated monthly, and may be subscribed to on a yearly basis.
(e) Index to Board actions. The Board's Freedom of Information Office maintains an index to Board actions, which is updated weekly and provides identifying information about any matters issued, adopted, and promulgated by the Board since July 4, 1967. Copies of the index may be obtained upon request to the Freedom of Information Office subject to the current schedule of fees in § 261.17.
(f) Obtaining Board publications. The Publications Services Section maintains a list of Board publications that are available to the public. In addition, a partial list of publications is published in the Federal Reserve Bulletin. All publications issued by the Board, including available back issues, may be obtained from Publications Services, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 20th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20551 (pedestrian entrance is on C Street, N.W.). Subscription or other charges may apply to some publications.