12 CFR 371.2 - Definitions.
For purposes of this part:
(a) Affiliate means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another company.
(b) Appropriate Federal banking agency means the agency or agencies designated under 12 U.S.C. 1813(q).
(c) Insured depository institution means any bank or savings association, as defined in 12 U.S.C. 1813, the deposits of which are insured by the FDIC.
(d) Position means the rights and obligations of a person or entity as a party to an individual transaction under a QFC.
(e) Qualified financial contracts (QFCs) mean those qualified financial contracts that are defined in 12 U.S.C. 1821(e)(8)(D) to include securities contracts, commodity contracts, forward contracts, repurchase agreements, and swap agreements and any other contract determined by the FDIC to be a QFC as defined in that section.
(1) Has a composite rating, as determined by its appropriate Federal banking agency in its most recent report of examination, of 3 (only for insured depository institutions with total consolidated assets of ten billion dollars or greater), 4, or 5 under the Uniform Financial Institution Rating System, or in the case of an insured branch of a foreign bank, an equivalent rating;
(2) Is subject to a proceeding initiated by the FDIC for termination or suspension of deposit insurance;
(3) Is subject to a cease-and-desist order or written agreement issued by the appropriate Federal banking agency, as defined in12 U.S.C. 1813(q), that requires action to improve the financial condition of the insured depository institution or is subject to a proceeding initiated by the appropriate Federal banking agency which contemplates the issuance of an order that requires action to improve the financial condition of the insured depository institution, unless otherwise informed in writing by the appropriate Federal banking agency;
(4) Is informed in writing by the insured depository institution's appropriate Federal banking agency that it is in troubled condition for purposes of12 U.S.C. 1831i on the basis of the institution's most recent report of condition or report of examination, or other information available to the institution's appropriate Federal banking agency; or
(5) Is determined by the appropriate Federal banking agency or the FDIC in consultation with the appropriate Federal banking agency to be experiencing a significant deterioration of capital or significant funding difficulties or liquidity stress, notwithstanding the composite rating of the institution by its appropriate Federal banking agency in its most recent report of examination.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 371.