12 CFR 407.2 - Closing meetings.
(a) Except where Eximbank finds that the public interest requires otherwise, a meeting, or any portion thereof, may be closed to the public, where the Board of Directors determines that such meetings, or any portion thereof, or information pertaining to such meeting, or any portion thereof, is likely to:
(1) Disclose matters that are: (i) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive order to be kept secret in the interests of national defense or foreign policy and (ii) in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive order;
(2) Relate solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of Eximbank or any other agency;
(3) Disclose matters specifically exempted from disclosure by statute (other than section 552 of title 5 U.S.C.), provided that such statute: (i) Requires that the matters be withheld from the public in such a manner as to leave no discretion on the issue, or (ii) establishes particular criteria for withholding or refers to particular types of matters to be withheld;
(4) Disclose trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential;
(5) Involve accusing any person of a crime, or formally censuring any person;
(6) Disclose information of a personal nature where disclosure would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
(7) Disclose investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes, or information which if written would be contained in such records, but only to the extent that the production of such records or information would:
(i) Interfere with enforcement proceedings,
(ii) Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication,
(iii) Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy,
(iv) Disclose the identity of a confidential source and, in the case of a record compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation, or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, confidential information funished only by the confidential source,
(v) Disclose investigative techniques and procedures, or
(vi) Endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel;
(8) Disclose information contained in or related to examination, operating, or condition reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of an agency responsible for the regulation or supervision of financial institutions;
(9) Disclose information the premature disclosure of which would:
(i) In the case of an agency which regulates currencies, securities, commodities, or financial institutions, be likely to: (A) Lead to significant financial speculation in currencies, securities, or commodities, or (B) significantly endanger the stability of any financial institution; or
(ii) In the case of Eximbank or any other agency, be likely to significantly frustrate implementation of a proposed agency action;
(10) Specifically concern Eximbank's issuance of a subpoena, or Eximbank's participation in a civil action or proceeding, an action in a foreign court or international tribunal, or an arbitration.
(b) Inasmuch as opening any regularly scheduled meeting, or any portion thereof, to public observation will be likely to result in the disclosure of the kind of information set forth in paragraph (a) (4), (8), (9)(i) or (a)(10) of this section, or any combination thereof, of paragraph (a) of this section, the Board of Directors expects to close all regularly scheduled meetings to the public.
(c) Any other meeting of Eximbank, or any portion thereof, will be open to public observation except where the Board of Directors determines that such meeting, or any portion thereof, is likely to disclose information of the kind set forth in any paragraph of § 407.2(a). In the event that the Board of Directors closes such meeting, or any portion thereof, by virtue of paragraph (a)(4), (8), (9)(i)(A) or (a)(10) of this section, or any combination thereof, the procedure set forth in § 407.3 below will apply, and in the event that the Board of Directors closes such meeting, or any portion thereof, by virtue of any of the remaining paragraphs of § 407.2(a), or any combination thereof, the procedures set forth in § 407.4 will apply.
Title 12 published on 2015-12-05.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 407.