12 CFR 715.3 - General responsibilities of the Supervisory Committee.
(a) Basic. The supervisory committee is responsible for ensuring that the board of directors and management of the credit union—
(b) Specific. To carry out the responsibilities set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, the supervisory committee must determine whether:
(1) Internal controls are established and effectively maintained to achieve the credit union's financial reporting objectives which must be sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the supervisory committee audit, verification of members' accounts and its additional responsibilities;
(2) The credit union's accounting records and financial reports are promptly prepared and accurately reflect operations and results;
(3) The relevant plans, policies, and control procedures established by the board of directors are properly administered; and
(4) Policies and control procedures are sufficient to safeguard against error, conflict of interest, self-dealing and fraud.
(c) Mandates. In carrying out the responsibilities set forth in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, the Supervisory Committee must:
(1) Ensure that the credit union adheres to the measurement and filing requirements for reports filed with the NCUA Board under § 741.6 of this chapter;
(2) Perform or obtain a supervisory committee audit, as prescribed in § 715.4 of this part;
(3) Verify or cause the verification of members' passbooks and accounts against the records of the credit union, as prescribed in § 715.8 of this part;
(4) Act to avoid imposition of sanctions for failure to comply with the requirements of this part, as prescribed in §§ 715.11 and 715.12 of this part.
Title 12 published on 2015-01-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 12 CFR Part 715.