12 CFR 725.2 - Definitions.
As used in this part:
(b)Agent group means an Agent member of the Facility consisting of a group of central credit unions, one of which is designated as the group's Agent group representative and authorized to transact business with the Facility on behalf of the group or any member of the group.
(d)Central credit union means a Federal or state-chartered credit union primarily serving other credit unions. A credit union is primarily serving other credit unions when the total dollar amount of the shares and deposits received from other credit unions plus loans to other credit unions exceeds 50 percent of the total dollar amount of all shares and deposits plus loans during the qualifying period, as defined in paragraph (o) of this section.
(h)Liquid assets means the following unpledged assets:
(1) Cash on hand;
(2) Share or deposit accounts with remaining maturities of one year or less maintained in central credit unions or institutions insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation;
(3) Investments in obligations of the United States or any agency thereof, or securities fully guaranteed as to principal and interest thereby, which are authorized under 12 U.S.C. 1757(7) and which have a remaining maturity of one year or less;
(4) Common trust investments and similar investments in funds or securities authorized for Federal credit unions, the objectives of which are to provide daily liquidity for participating credit unions;
(7) Balances maintained by federally-insured credit unions in a Federal Reserve bank, or in a pass-through account to a Federal Reserve bank, pursuant to the requirements of section 19(b) of the Federal Reserve Act ( 12 U.S.C. 461(b)).
(1) Short-term adjustment credit available to assist in meeting temporary requirements for funds or to cushion more persistent outflows of funds pending an orderly adjustment of credit union assets and liabilities;
(2) Seasonal credit available for longer periods to assist in meeting seasonal needs for funds arising from a combination of expected patterns of movement in share and deposit accounts and loans; and
(3) Protracted adjustment credit available in the event of unusual or emergency circumstances of a longer term nature resulting from national, regional or local difficulties.
(j)Management policies means policies of a credit union with respect to membership, shares, deposits, dividends, interest rates, lending, investing, borrowing, safeguarding of assets, hiring, training and supervision of employees, and general operating and control practices and procedures.
(l)Member natural person credit union means a natural person credit union which is a member of an Agent or of any central credit union in an Agent group. Member natural person credit unions are not members of the Facility unless they are also Regular members of the Facility.
(m)Natural person credit union means a Federal or state-chartered credit union primarily serving natural persons. A credit union is primarily serving natural persons if it is not a central credit union as defined in paragraph (d) of this section.
(n)Paid-in and unimpaired capital and surplus means shares and deposits plus post-closing, undivided earnings. This does not include regular reserves or special reserves required by law, regulation or special agreement between the credit union and its regulator or share insurer.
(o)Qualifying Period means:
(2) For qualification during each subsequent calendar year, any 7 months out of the previous calendar year.
Title 12 published on 11-May-2018 11:44
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 12 CFR Part 725 after this date.