13 CFR 115.33 - Surety bonding line.
A surety bonding line is a written commitment by SBA to a Prior Approval Surety which provides for the Surety's Execution of multiple bonds for a specified small business strictly within pre-approved terms, conditions and limitations. In applying for a bonding line, the Surety must provide SBA with information on the applicant as requested. In addition to the other limitations and provisions set forth in this part 115, the following conditions apply to each surety bonding line:
(a) Underwriting. A bonding line may be issued by SBA for a Principal only if the underwriting evaluation is satisfactory. The Prior Approval Surety must require the Principal to keep it informed of all its contracts, whether bonded by the same or another surety or unbonded, during the term of the bonding line.
(b) Bonding line conditions. The bonding line contains limitations on the following:
(1) The term of the bonding line, not to exceed 1 year subject to renewal in writing;
(2) The total dollar amount of the Principal's bonded and unbonded work on hand at any time, including outstanding bids, during the term of the bonding line;
(3) The number of such bonded and unbonded contracts outstanding at any time during the term of the bonding line;
(4) The maximum dollar amount of any single guaranteed bonded Contract;
(5) The timing of Execution of bonds under the bonding line - bonds must be dated and Executed before the work on the underlying Contract has begun, or the Surety must submit to SBA the documentation required under § 115.19(f)(1)(ii); and
(6) Any other limitation related to type, specialty of work, geographical area, or credit.
(c) Excess bonding. If, after a bonding line is issued, the Principal desires a bond and the Surety desires a guarantee exceeding a limitation of the bonding line, the Surety must submit an application to SBA under regular procedures.
(d) Submission of forms to SBA - (1) Bid Bonds. Within 15 business days after the Execution of any Bid Bonds under a bonding line, the Surety must submit a “Surety Bond Guarantee Underwriting Review” (SBA Form 994B) to SBA for approval. If the Surety fails to submit the form within this time period, SBA's guarantee of the bond will be void from its inception unless SBA determines otherwise upon a showing that a valid reason exists why the timely submission was not made.
(2) Final Bonds. Within 15 business days after the Execution of any Final Bonds under a bonding line, the Surety must submit a Surety Bond Guarantee Underwriting Review (SBA Form 994B) and a Surety Bond Guarantee Agreement (SBA Form 990) to SBA for approval. If the surety fails to submit these forms within the time period or the guarantee fees are not paid in accordance with § 115.32, SBA's guarantee of the bond will be void from its inception unless SBA determines otherwise upon a showing that the Contract is not in default and a valid reason exists why the timely submission was not made.
(3) Additional information. The Surety must submit any other data SBA requests.
(e) Cancellation of bonding line - (1) Optional cancellation. Either SBA or the Surety may cancel a bonding line at any time, with or without cause, upon written notice to the other party. Upon the receipt of any adverse information concerning the Principal, the Surety must promptly notify SBA, and SBA may cancel the bonding line.
(2) Mandatory cancellation. Upon the occurrence of a default by the Principal, whether under a contract bonded by the same or another surety or an unbonded contract, the Surety must immediately cancel the bonding line.
(3) Effect of cancellation. Cancellation of a bonding line by SBA is effective upon receipt of written notice by the Surety. Bonds issued before the effective date of cancellation remain guaranteed by SBA. Upon cancellation by SBA or the Surety, the Surety must promptly notify the Principal in writing.
Title 13 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 13 CFR Part 115 after this date.