Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 124.404 What business development assistance is available to Participants during the two stages of participation in the 8(a) BD program?
(a)General. Participation in the 8(a) BD program is divided into two stages, a developmental stage and a transitional stage. The developmental stage will last four years, and the transitional stage will last five years, unless the concern has exited the program by one of the means set forth in § 124.301 prior to the expiration of its program term.
(b)Developmental stage of program participation. A Participant, if otherwise eligible, may receive the following assistance during the developmental stage of program participation:
(1) Sole source and competitive 8(a) contract support;
(2) Financial assistance pursuant to § 120.375 of this title;
(3) The transfer of technology or surplus property owned by the United States pursuant to § 124.405; and
(4) Training to aid in developing business principles and strategies to enhance their ability to compete successfully for both 8(a) and non-8(a) contracts.
(c)Transitional stage of program participation. A Participant, if otherwise eligible, may receive the following assistance during the transitional stage of program participation:
(1) The same assistance as that provided to Participants in the developmental stage;
(2) Assistance from procuring agencies (in cooperation with SBA) in forming joint ventures, leader-follower arrangements, and teaming agreements between the concern and other Participants or other business concerns with respect to contracting opportunities outside the 8(a) BD program for research, development, or full scale engineering or production of major systems (these arrangements must comply with all relevant statutes and regulations, including applicable size standard requirements); and
(3) Training and technical assistance in transitional business planning.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.