13 CFR 125.10 - Mentor-Protégé programs of other agencies.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, a Federal department or agency may not carry out a mentor-protégé program for small business unless the head of the department or agency submits a plan to the SBA Administrator for the program and the SBA Administrator approves the plan. Before starting a new mentor protégé program, the head of a department or agency must submit a plan to the SBA Administrator. Within one year of the effective date of this section, the head of a department or agency must submit a plan to the SBA for any previously existing mentor-protégé program that the department or agency seeks to continue.
(b) The SBA Administrator will approve or disapprove a plan submitted under paragraph (a) of this section based on whether the proposed program:
(c)Paragraph (a) of this section does not apply to:
(1) Any mentor-protégé program of the Department of Defense;
(2) Any mentoring assistance provided under a Small Business Innovation Research Program or a Small Business Technology Transfer Program; and
(3) A mentor-protégé program operated by a Department or agency on January 2, 2013, for a period of one year after the effective date of this section.
(d) The head of each Federal department or agency carrying out an agency-specific mentor-protégé program must report annually to SBA:
(1) The participants (both protégé firms and their approved mentors) in its mentor-protégé program. This includes identifying the number of participants that are:
(i) Small business concerns;
(ii) Small business concerns owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans;
(iii) Small business concerns owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals;
(iv) Small business concerns owned and controlled by Indian tribes, Alaska Native Corporations, Native Hawaiian Organizations, and Community Development Corporations; and
(v) Small business concerns owned and controlled by women;
(2) The assistance provided to small businesses through the program; and
Title 13 published on 2015-10-16
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 13 CFR Part 125 after this date.
Title 13 published on 2015-10-16.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 13.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.