14 CFR 60.19 - Inspection, continuing qualification evaluation, and maintenance requirements.
(a) Inspection. No sponsor may use or allow the use of or offer the use of an FSTD for flight crewmember training, evaluation, or flight experience to meet any of the requirements of this chapter unless the sponsor does the following:
(1) Accomplishes all appropriate objective tests each year as specified in the applicable QPS.
(2) Completes a functional preflight check within the preceding 24 hours.
(b) Continuing qualification evaluation.
(1) This evaluation consists of objective tests, and subjective tests, including general FSTD requirements, as described in the applicable QPS or as may be amended by an FSTD Directive.
(2) The sponsor must contact the NSPM to schedule the FSTD for continuing qualification evaluations not later than 60 days before the evaluation is due.
(3) The sponsor must provide the NSPM access to the objective test results in the MQTG and access to the FSTD for the length of time necessary for the NSPM to complete the required continuing qualification evaluations.
(4) The frequency of NSPM-conducted continuing qualification evaluations for each FSTD will be established by the NSPM and specified in the MQTG.
(5) Continuing qualification evaluations conducted in the calendar month before or after the calendar month in which these continuing qualification evaluations are required will be considered to have been conducted in the calendar month in which they were required.
(6) No sponsor may use or allow the use of or offer the use of an FSTD for flight crewmember training or evaluation or for obtaining flight experience for the flight crewmember to meet any requirement of this chapter unless the FSTD has passed an NSPM-conducted continuing qualification evaluation within the time frame specified in the MQTG or within the grace period as described in paragraph (b)(5) of this section.
(c) Maintenance. The sponsor is responsible for continuing corrective and preventive maintenance on the FSTD to ensure that it continues to meet the requirements of this part and the applicable QPS appendix. No sponsor may use or allow the use of or offer the use of an FSTD for flight crewmember training, evaluation, or flight experience to meet any of the requirements of this chapter unless the sponsor does the following:
(1) Maintains a discrepancy log.
(2) Ensures that, when a discrepancy is discovered, the following requirements are met:
(i) A description of each discrepancy is entered in the log and remains in the log until the discrepancy is corrected as specified in § 60.25(b).
(ii) A description of the corrective action taken for each discrepancy, the identity of the individual taking the action, and the date that action is taken is entered in the log.
(iii) The discrepancy log is kept in a form and manner acceptable to the Administrator and is kept in or adjacent to the FSTD. An electronic log that may be accessed by an appropriate terminal or display in or adjacent to the FSTD is satisfactory.