14 CFR 91.1063 - Testing and training: Applicability and terms used.
(a) Sections 91.1065 through 91.1107:
(1) Prescribe the tests and checks required for pilots and flight attendant crewmembers and for the approval of check pilots in operations under this subpart;
(2) Prescribe the requirements for establishing and maintaining an approved training program for crewmembers, check pilots and instructors, and other operations personnel employed or used by the program manager in program operations;
(4) Permits training center personnel authorized under part 142 of this chapter who meet the requirements of § 91.1075 to conduct training, testing and checking under contract or other arrangements to those persons subject to the requirements of this subpart.
(b) If authorized by the Administrator, a program manager may comply with the applicable training and testing sections of subparts N and O of part 121 of this chapter instead of §§ 91.1065 through 91.1107, except for the operating experience requirements of § 121.434 of this chapter.
(c) If authorized by the Administrator, a program manager may comply with the applicable training and testing sections of subparts G and H of part 135 of this chapter instead of §§ 91.1065 through 91.1107, except for the operating experience requirements of § 135.244 of this chapter.
(d) For the purposes of this subpart, the following terms and definitions apply:
(4) Differences training. The training required for crewmembers who have qualified and served on a particular type aircraft, when the Administrator finds differences training is necessary before a crewmember serves in the same capacity on a particular variation of that aircraft.
(5) Recurrent training. The training required for crewmembers to remain adequately trained and currently proficient for each aircraft crewmember position, and type of operation in which the crewmember serves.
(6) In flight. The maneuvers, procedures, or functions that will be conducted in the aircraft.
(7) Training center. An organization governed by the applicable requirements of part 142 of this chapter that conducts training, testing, and checking under contract or other arrangement to program managers subject to the requirements of this subpart.
(8) Requalification training. The training required for crewmembers previously trained and qualified, but who have become unqualified because of not having met within the required period any of the following:
(i) Recurrent crewmember training requirements of § 91.1107.
(ii) Instrument proficiency check requirements of § 91.1069.
(iii) Testing requirements of § 91.1065.
(iv) Recurrent flight attendant testing requirements of § 91.1067.
Title 14 published on 2015-01-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 14 CFR Part 91 after this date.