14 CFR Part 11, Subpart A - Rulemaking Procedures
prev | next
- § 11.1 To what does this part apply?
Definition of Terms (§§ 11.3 - 11.19)
- § 11.3 What is an advance notice of proposed rulemaking?
- § 11.5 What is a notice of proposed rulemaking?
- § 11.7 What is a supplemental notice of proposed rulemaking?
- § 11.9 What is a final rule?
- § 11.11 What is a final rule with request for comments?
- § 11.13 What is a direct final rule?
- § 11.15 What is a petition for exemption?
- § 11.17 What is a petition for rulemaking?
- § 11.19 What is a special condition?
General (§§ 11.21 - 11.40)
- § 11.21 What are the most common kinds of rulemaking actions for which FAA follows the Administrative Procedure Act?
- § 11.23 Does FAA follow the same procedures in issuing all types of rules?
- § 11.25 How does FAA issue rules?
- § 11.27 Are there other ways FAA collects specific rulemaking recommendations before we issue an NPRM?
- § 11.29 May FAA change its regulations without first issuing an ANPRM or NPRM?
- § 11.31 How does FAA process direct final rules?
- § 11.33 How can I track FAA's rulemaking activities?
- § 11.35 Does FAA include sensitive security information and proprietary information in the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS)?
- § 11.37 Where can I find information about an Airworthiness Directive, an airspace designation, or a petition handled in a region?
- § 11.38 What public comment procedures does the FAA follow for Special Conditions?
- § 11.39 How may I participate in FAA's rulemaking process?
- § 11.40 Can I get more information about a rulemaking?
Public Meetings and Other Proceedings (§§ 11.51 - 11.53)
Petitions for Rulemaking and for Exemption (§§ 11.61 - 11.103)
- § 11.61 May I ask FAA to adopt, amend, or repeal a regulation, or grant relief from the requirements of a current regulation?
- § 11.63 How and to whom do I submit my petition for rulemaking or petition for exemption?
- § 11.71 What information must I include in my petition for rulemaking?
- § 11.73 How does FAA process petitions for rulemaking?
- § 11.75 Does FAA invite public comment on petitions for rulemaking?
- § 11.77 Is there any additional information I must include in my petition for designating airspace?
- § 11.81 What information must I include in my petition for an exemption?
- § 11.83 How can I operate under an exemption outside the United States?
- § 11.85 Does FAA invite public comment on petitions for exemption?
- § 11.87 Are there circumstances in which FAA may decide not to publish a summary of my petition for exemption?
- § 11.89 How much time do I have to submit comments to FAA on a petition for exemption?
- § 11.91 How does FAA inform me of its decision on my petition for exemption?
- § 11.101 May I ask FAA to reconsider my petition for rulemaking or petition for exemption if it is denied?
- § 11.103 What exemption relief may be available to federal, state, and local governments when operating aircraft that are not public aircraft?