15 CFR 2007.3 - Timetable for reviews.
(a) Annual review. Beginning in calendar year 1986, reviews of pending requests shall be conducted at least once each year, according to the following schedule, unless otherwise specified by Federal Register notice:
(1) June 1, deadline for acceptance of petitions for review;
(2) July 15, Federal Register announcement of petitions accepted for review;
(3) September/October - public hearings and submission of written briefs and rebuttal materials;
(4) December/January - opportunity for public comment on USITC public reports;
(5) Results announced on April 1 will be implemented on July 1, the statutory effective date of modifications to the program. If the date specified is on or immediately follows a weekend or holiday, the effective date will be on the second working day following such weekend or holiday.
(b) Requests filed pursuant to paragraph (a) or (b) of § 2007.0 which indicate the existence of unusual circumstances warranting an immediate review may be considered separately. Requests for such urgent consideration should contain a statement of reasons indicating why an expedited review is warranted.
(c) General Review. Section 504(c)(2) of Title V of the Trade Act of 1974 (19 U.S.C. 2464(c)(2)) requires that, not later than January 4, 1987 and periodically thereafter, the President conduct a general review of eligible articles based on the considerations in sections 501 and 502(c) of Title V. The initiation and scheduling of such reviews as well as the timetable for submission of comments and statements will be announced in the Federal Register. The first general review was initiated on February 14, 1985 and will be completed by January 3, 1987.
The initiation of the review and deadlines for submission of comments and statements were announced in the Federal Register on February 14, 1985 (50 FR 6294).