17 CFR 160.14 - Exceptions to notice and opt out requirements for processing and servicing transactions.
(a)Exceptions for processing and servicing transactions at consumer's request. The requirements for initial notice in § 160.4(a)(2), for the opt out in §§ 160.7 and 160.10, and for initial notice in § 160.13 in connection with service providers and joint marketing, do not apply if you disclose nonpublic personal information as necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that a consumer requests or authorizes, or in connection with:
(1) Processing or servicing a financial product or service that a consumer requests or authorizes;
(2) Maintaining or servicing the consumer's account with you, or with another entity as part of an extension of credit on behalf of such entity as part of a private label credit card program or other extension of credit on behalf of such entity; or
(3) A proposed or actual securitization, secondary market sale or similar transaction related to a transaction of the consumer.
(b)Necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction means that the disclosure is:
(1) Required, or is one of the lawful or appropriate methods, to enforce your rights or the rights of other persons engaged in carrying out the financial transaction or providing the product or service; or
(2) Required, or is a usual, appropriate or acceptable method:
(i) To carry out the transaction or the product or service business of which the transaction is a part, and record, service or maintain the consumer's account in the ordinary course of providing the financial service or financial product;
(ii) To administer or service benefits or claims relating to the transaction or the product or service business of which it is a part;
(iii) To provide a confirmation, statement or other record of the transaction, or information on the status or value of the financial service or financial product to the consumer or the consumer's agent or broker;
(iv) To accrue or recognize incentives or bonuses associated with the transaction that are provided by you or any other party;
(v) In connection with:
(A) The authorization, settlement, billing, processing, clearing, transferring, reconciling or collection of amounts charged, debited or otherwise paid using a debit, credit or other payment card, check or account number, or by other payment means;
(B) The transfer of receivables, accounts or interests therein; or
(C) The audit of debit, credit or other payment information.
- 17 CFR 160.8 — Revised Privacy Notices.
- 17 CFR 160.10 — Limits on Disclosure of Nonpublic Personal Information to Nonaffiliated Third Parties.
- 17 CFR 160.13 — Exception to Opt Out Requirements for Service Providers and Joint Marketing.
- 17 CFR 160.6 — Information to Be Included in Privacy Notices.
- 17 CFR 160.11 — Limits on Redisclosure and Reuse of Information.
- 17 CFR 160.1 — Purpose and Scope.
- 17 CFR 160.4 — Initial Privacy Notice to Consumers Required.
Title 17 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 17 CFR Part 160.