17 CFR 232.306 - Foreign language documents and symbols.
(a) All electronic filings and submissions must be in the English language, except as otherwise provided by paragraph (d) of this section. If a filing or submission requires the inclusion of a document that is in a foreign language, a party must submit instead a fair and accurate English translation of the foreign language document in accordance with § 230.403(c) or § 240.12b-12(d) of this chapter, except as otherwise provided by paragraph (c) of this section. Alternatively, if the foreign language document is an exhibit or attachment to a filing or submission subject to review by the Division of Corporation Finance, a party may provide a fair and accurate English summary of the foreign language document if permitted by § 230.403(c)(3) or § 240.12b-12(d)(3) of this chapter.
(b) When including an English summary or English translation of a foreign language document in an electronic filing or submission, a party may also submit a copy of the unabridged foreign language document in paper under cover of Form SE (§§ 239.64, 249.444, 269.8, and 274.403 of this chapter) in accordance with § 232.311 of this chapter. A filer must provide a copy of any foreign language document upon the request of Commission staff.
(c) A foreign government or its political subdivision must electronically file a fair and accurate English translation, if available, of its latest annual budget as presented to its legislative body, as Exhibit B to Form 18 ( § 249.218 of this chapter) or Exhibit (c) to Form 18-K ( § 249.318 of this chapter). If no English translation is available, a foreign government or political subdivision must submit a copy of the foreign language version of its latest annual budget in paper under cover of Form SE (§§ 239.64, 249.444, 269.8, and 274.403 of this chapter).
(d) A Canadian issuer may file an HTML document, as defined in § 232.11 of this chapter, that contains text in both French and English if the issuer included the French text to comply with the requirements of the Canadian securities administrator or other Canadian authority, and the French text is in an exhibit to or part of:
(2) A registration statement or annual report on Form 40-F ( § 249.240f of this chapter); or
(e) Foreign currency denominations must be expressed in words or letters in the English language rather than representative symbols, except that HTML documents may include any representative foreign currency symbols that the EDGAR Filer Manual specifies. The limitations of this paragraph do not apply to unofficial PDF copies submitted in accordance with Rule 104 of Regulation S-T ( § 232.104).
Title 17 published on 09-May-2017 03:50
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 232 after this date.
- 17 CFR 240.14d-102 — Schedule 14d-1f. Tender Offer Statement Pursuant to Rule 14d-1(b) Under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- 17 CFR 240.13e-102 — Schedule 13e-4f. Tender Offer Statement Pursuant to Section 13(e) (1) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and § 240.13e-4 Thereunder.
- 17 CFR 240.14d-103 — Schedule 14d-9f. Solicitation/Recommendation Statement Pursuant to Section 14(d)(4) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rules 14d-1(b) and 14e-2(c) Thereunder.
- 17 CFR 232.101 — Mandated Electronic Submissions and Exceptions.
- 17 CFR 232.311 — Documents Submitted in Paper Under Cover of Form SE.