17 CFR § 240.17Ad-9 - Definitions.
(a)Certificate detail, with respect to certificated securities, includes, at a minimum, all of the following, and with respect to uncertificated securities, includes items (2) through (8):
(1) The certificate number.
(3) The securityholder's registration;
(4) The address of the registered securityholder;
(5) The issue date of the security;
(6) The cancellation date of the security;
(8) Any other identifying information about securities and securityholders the transfer agent reasonably deems essential to its recordkeeping system for the efficient and effective research of record differences.
(b)Master securityholder file is the official list of individual securityholder accounts. With respect to uncertificated securities of companies registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940, the master securityholder file may consist of multiple, but linked, automated files.
(d) A control book is the record or other document that shows the total number of shares (in the case of equity securities) or the principal dollar amount (in the case of debt securities) authorized and issued by the issuer.
(g) A record difference occurs when either:
(2) The security transferred or redeemed contains certificate detail different from the certificate detail currently on the master securityholder file, which difference cannot be immediately resolved.
(j) A named transfer agent is the registered transfer agent that is engaged by an issuer to perform transfer agent functions for an issue of securities but has engaged a service company to perform some or all of those functions.
(l) A file includes automated and manual records.