17 CFR Part 240 - GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934
- Subpart A - Rules and Regulations Under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (§§ 240.0-1 - 240.12a-9)
- § 240.12a-10 Exemption of security-based swaps from section 12(a) of the Act.
- § 240.12a-11 Exemption of security-based swaps sold in reliance on Securities Act of 1933 Rule 240 (§ 230.240) from section 12(a) of the Act.
Formal Requirements (§§ 240.12b-10 - 240.12b-15)
General Requirements as to Contents (§§ 240.12b-20 - 240.12b-25)
- § 240.12b-20 Additional information.
- § 240.12b-21 Information unknown or not available.
- § 240.12b-22 Disclaimer of control.
- § 240.12b-23 Incorporation by reference.
- § 240.12b-24 [Reserved]
- § 240.12b-25 Notification of inability to timely file all or any required portion of a Form 10-K, 20-F, 11-K, N-CEN , N-CSR, 10-Q, or 10-D.
Special Provisions (§§ 240.12b-35 - 240.12b-37)
Certification by Exchanges and Effectiveness of Registration (§§ 240.12d1-1 - 240.12d1-6)
- § 240.12d1-1 Registration effective as to class or series.
- § 240.12d1-2 Effectiveness of registration.
- § 240.12d1-3 Requirements as to certification.
- § 240.12d1-4 Date of receipt of certification by Commission.
- § 240.12d1-5 Operation of certification on subsequent amendments.
- § 240.12d1-6 Withdrawal of certification.
Suspension of Trading, Withdrawal, and Striking From Listing and Registration (§§ 240.12d2-1 - 240.12d2-2)
Unlisted Trading (§§ 240.12f-1 - 240.12f-6)
- § 240.12f-1 Applications for permission to reinstate unlisted trading privileges.
- § 240.12f-2 Extending unlisted trading privileges to a security that is the subject of an initial public offering.
- § 240.12f-3 Termination or suspension of unlisted trading privileges.
- § 240.12f-4 Exemption of securities admitted to unlisted trading privileges from sections 13, 14 and 16.
- § 240.12f-5 Exchange rules for securities to which unlisted trading privileges are extended.
- § 240.12f-6 [Reserved]
Extensions and Temporary Exemptions; Definitions (§§ 240.12g-1 - 240.12h-7)
- § 240.12g-1 Registration of securities; exemption from section 12(g).
- § 240.12g-2 Securities deemed to be registered pursuant to section 12(g)(1) upon termination of exemption pursuant to section 12(g)(2)(A) or (B).
- § 240.12g-3 Registration of securities of successor issuers under section 12(b) or 12(g).
- § 240.12g-4 Certifications of termination of registration under section 12(g).
- § 240.12g-6 Exemption for securities issued pursuant to section 4(a)(6) of the Securities Act of 1933.
- § 240.12g3-2 Exemptions for American depositary receipts and certain foreign securities.
- § 240.12g5-1 Definition of securities “held of record”.
- § 240.12g5-2 Definition of “total assets”.
- § 240.12h-1 Exemptions from registration under section 12(g) of the Act.
- § 240.12h-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.12h-3 Suspension of duty to file reports under section 15(d).
- § 240.12h-4 Exemption from duty to file reports under section 15(d).
- § 240.12h-5 Exemption for subsidiary issuers of guaranteed securities and subsidiary guarantors.
- § 240.12h-6 Certification by a foreign private issuer regarding the termination of registration of a class of securities under section 12(g) or the duty to file reports under section 13(a) or section 15(d).
- § 240.12h-7 Exemption for issuers of securities that are subject to insurance regulation.
Other Reports (§§ 240.13a-10 - 240.13a-20)
- § 240.13a-10 Transition reports.
- § 240.13a-11 Current reports on Form 8-K (§ 249.308 of this chapter).
- § 240.13a-13 Quarterly reports on Form 10-Q (§ 249.308a of this chapter).
- § 240.13a-14 Certification of disclosure in annual and quarterly reports.
- § 240.13a-15 Controls and procedures.
- § 240.13a-16 Reports of foreign private issuers on Form 6-K (17 CFR 249.306).
- § 240.13a-17 Reports of asset-backed issuers on Form 10-D (§ 249.312 of this chapter).
- § 240.13a-18 Compliance with servicing criteria for asset-backed securities.
- § 240.13a-19 Reports by shell companies on Form 20-F.
- § 240.13a-20 Plain English presentation of specified information.
Regulation 13b-2: Maintenance of Records and Preparation of Required Reports (§§ 240.13b2-1 - 240.13b2-2)
Regulation 13D-G (§ - )
- § 240.13d-1 Filing of Schedules 13D and 13G.
- § 240.13d-2 Filing of amendments to Schedules 13D or 13G.
- § 240.13d-3 Determination of beneficial owner.
- § 240.13d-4 Disclaimer of beneficial ownership.
- § 240.13d-5 Acquisition of securities.
- § 240.13d-6 Exemption of certain acquisitions.
- § 240.13d-7 Dissemination.
- § 240.13d-101 Schedule 13D - Information to be included in statements filed pursuant to § 240.13d-1(a) and amendments thereto filed pursuant to § 240.13d-2(a).
- § 240.13d-102 Schedule 13G - Information to be included in statements filed pursuant to § 240.13d-1(b), (c), and (d) and amendments thereto filed pursuant to § 240.13d-2.
- § 240.13e-1 Purchase of securities by the issuer during a third-party tender offer.
- § 240.13e-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.13e-3 Going private transactions by certain issuers or their affiliates.
- § 240.13e-4 Tender offers by issuers.
- § 240.13e-100 Schedule 13E-3, Transaction statement under section 13(e) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Rule 13e-3 (§ 240.13e-3) thereunder.
- § 240.13e-101 [Reserved]
- § 240.13e-102 Schedule 13E-4F. Tender offer statement pursuant to section 13(e) (1) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and § 240.13e-4 thereunder.
- § 240.13f-1 Reporting by institutional investment managers of information with respect to accounts over which they exercise investment discretion.
- § 240.13h-l Large trader reporting.
- § 240.13k-1 Foreign bank exemption from the insider lending prohibition under section 13(k).
- § 240.13n-1 Registration of security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-2 Withdrawal from registration; revocation and cancellation.
- § 240.13n-3 Registration of successor to registered security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-4 Duties and core principles of security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-5 Data collection and maintenance.
- § 240.13n-6 Automated systems.
- § 240.13n-7 Recordkeeping of security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-8 Reports to be provided to the Commission.
- § 240.13n-9 Privacy requirements of security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-10 Disclosure requirements of security-based swap data repository.
- § 240.13n-11 Chief compliance officer of security-based swap data repository; compliance reports and financial reports.
- § 240.13n-12 Exemption from requirements governing security-based swap data repositories for certain non-U.S. persons.
- § 240.13p-1 Requirement of report regarding disclosure of registrant's supply chain information regarding conflict minerals.
- § 240.13q-1 Disclosure of payments made by resource extraction issuers.
Regulation 14A: Solicitation of Proxies (§ - )
- § 240.14a-1 Definitions.
- § 240.14a-2 Solicitations to which § 240.14a-3 to § 240.14a-15 apply.
- § 240.14a-3 Information to be furnished to security holders.
- § 240.14a-4 Requirements as to proxy.
- § 240.14a-5 Presentation of information in proxy statement.
- § 240.14a-6 Filing requirements.
- § 240.14a-7 Obligations of registrants to provide a list of, or mail soliciting material to, security holders.
- § 240.14a-8 Shareholder proposals.
- § 240.14a-9 False or misleading statements.
- § 240.14a-10 Prohibition of certain solicitations.
- § 240.14a-12 Solicitation before furnishing a proxy statement.
- § 240.14a-13 Obligation of registrants in communicating with beneficial owners.
- § 240.14a-14 Modified or superseded documents.
- § 240.14a-15 Differential and contingent compensation in connection with roll-up transactions.
- § 240.14a-16 Internet availability of proxy materials.
- § 240.14a-17 Electronic shareholder forums.
- § 240.14a-18 Disclosure regarding nominating shareholders and nominees submitted for inclusion in a registrant's proxy materials pursuant to applicable state or foreign law, or a registrant's governing documents.
- § 240.14a-20 Shareholder approval of executive compensation of TARP recipients.
- § 240.14a-21 Shareholder approval of executive compensation, frequency of votes for approval of executive compensation and shareholder approval of golden parachute compensation.
- § 240.14a-101 Schedule 14A. Information required in proxy statement.
- § 240.14a-102 [Reserved]
- § 240.14a-103 Notice of Exempt Solicitation. Information to be included in statements submitted by or on behalf of a person pursuant to § 240.14a-6(g).
- § 240.14a-104 Notice of Exempt Preliminary Roll-up Communication. Information regarding ownership interests and any potential conflicts of interest to be included in statements submitted by or on behalf of a person pursuant to § 240.14a-2(b)(4) and § 240.14a-6(n).
- § 240.14b-1 Obligation of registered brokers and dealers in connection with the prompt forwarding of certain communications to beneficial owners.
- § 240.14b-2 Obligation of banks, associations and other entities that exercise fiduciary powers in connection with the prompt forwarding of certain communications to beneficial owners.
Regulation 14C: Distribution of Information Pursuant to Section 14(c) (§ - )
- § 240.14c-1 Definitions.
- § 240.14c-2 Distribution of information statement.
- § 240.14c-3 Annual report to be furnished security holders.
- § 240.14c-4 Presentation of information in information statement.
- § 240.14c-5 Filing requirements.
- § 240.14c-6 False or misleading statements.
- § 240.14c-7 Providing copies of material for certain beneficial owners.
- § 240.14c-101 Schedule 14C. Information required in information statement.
Regulation 14D (§ - )
- § 240.14d-1 Scope of and definitions applicable to Regulations 14D and 14E.
- § 240.14d-2 Commencement of a tender offer.
- § 240.14d-3 Filing and transmission of tender offer statement.
- § 240.14d-4 Dissemination of tender offers to security holders.
- § 240.14d-5 Dissemination of certain tender offers by the use of stockholder lists and security position listings.
- § 240.14d-6 Disclosure of tender offer information to security holders.
- § 240.14d-7 Additional withdrawal rights.
- § 240.14d-8 Exemption from statutory pro rata requirements.
- § 240.14d-9 Recommendation or solicitation by the subject company and others.
- § 240.14d-10 Equal treatment of security holders.
- § 240.14d-11 Subsequent offering period.
- § 240.14d-100 Schedule TO. Tender offer statement under section 14(d)(1) or 13(e)(1) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- § 240.14d-101 Schedule 14D-9.
- § 240.14d-102 Schedule 14D-1F. Tender offer statement pursuant to rule 14d-1(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- § 240.14d-103 Schedule 14D-9F. Solicitation/recommendation statement pursuant to section 14(d)(4) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and rules 14d-1(b) and 14e-2(c) thereunder.
Regulation 14E (§ - )
- § 240.14e-1 Unlawful tender offer practices.
- § 240.14e-2 Position of subject company with respect to a tender offer.
- § 240.14e-3 Transactions in securities on the basis of material, nonpublic information in the context of tender offers.
- § 240.14e-4 Prohibited transactions in connection with partial tender offers.
- § 240.14e-5 Prohibiting purchases outside of a tender offer.
- § 240.14e-6 Repurchase offers by certain closed-end registered investment companies.
- § 240.14e-7 Unlawful tender offer practices in connection with roll-ups.
- § 240.14e-8 Prohibited conduct in connection with pre-commencement communications.
- § 240.14f-1 Change in majority of directors.
Regulation 14N: Filings Required by Certain Nominating Shareholders (§§ 240.14n-1 - 240.14n-101)
Exemption of Certain OTC Derivatives Dealers (§ 240.15a-1)
Exemption of Certain Securities From Section 15(a) (§§ 240.15a-2 - 240.15a-5)
Registration of Brokers and Dealers (§§ 240.15a-6 - 240.15b11-1)
- § 240.15a-6 Exemption of certain foreign brokers or dealers.
- §§ 240.15a-7--240.15a-9 [Reserved]
- § 240.15a-10 Exemption of certain brokers or dealers with respect to security futures products.
- § 240.15a-11 [Reserved]
- § 240.15b1-1 Application for registration of brokers or dealers.
- § 240.15b1-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.15b1-3 Registration of successor to registered broker or dealer.
- § 240.15b1-4 Registration of fiduciaries.
- § 240.15b1-5 Consent to service of process to be furnished by nonresident brokers or dealers and by nonresident general partners or managing agents of brokers or dealers.
- § 240.15b1-6 Notice to brokers and dealers of requirements regarding lost securityholders and unresponsive payees.
- § 240.15b2-2 Inspection of newly registered brokers and dealers.
- § 240.15b3-1 Amendments to application.
- § 240.15b5-1 Extension of registration for purposes of the Securities Investor Protection Act of 1970 after cancellation or revocation.
- § 240.15b6-1 Withdrawal from registration.
- § 240.15b7-1 Compliance with qualification requirements of self-regulatory organizations.
- § 240.15b7-3T Operational capability in a Year 2000 environment.
- § 240.15b9-1 Exemption for certain exchange members.
- § 240.15b9-2 Exemption from SRO membership for OTC derivatives dealers.
- § 240.15b11-1 Registration by notice of security futures product broker-dealers.
Rules Relating to Over-the-Counter Markets (§§ 240.15c1-1 - 240.15c6-1)
- § 240.15c1-1 Definitions.
- § 240.15c1-2 Fraud and misrepresentation.
- § 240.15c1-3 Misrepresentation by brokers, dealers and municipal securities dealers as to registration.
- § 240.15c1-4 [Reserved]
- § 240.15c1-5 Disclosure of control.
- § 240.15c1-6 Disclosure of interest in distribution.
- § 240.15c1-7 Discretionary accounts.
- § 240.15c1-8 Sales at the market.
- § 240.15c1-9 Use of pro forma balance sheets.
- § 240.15c2-1 Hypothecation of customers' securities.
- § 240.15c2-3 [Reserved]
- § 240.15c2-4 Transmission or maintenance of payments received in connection with underwritings.
- § 240.15c2-5 Disclosure and other requirements when extending or arranging credit in certain transactions.
- § 240.15c2-6 [Reserved]
- § 240.15c2-7 Identification of quotations.
- § 240.15c2-8 Delivery of prospectus.
- § 240.15c2-11 Initiation or resumption of quotations without specific information.
- § 240.15c2-12 Municipal securities disclosure.
- § 240.15c3-1 Net capital requirements for brokers or dealers.
- § 240.15c3-1a Options (Appendix A to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1b Adjustments to net worth and aggregate indebtedness for certain commodities transactions (appendix B to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1c Consolidated computations of net capital and aggregate indebtedness for certain subsidiaries and affiliates (appendix C to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1d Satisfactory Subordination Agreements (Appendix D to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1e Deductions for market and credit risk for certain brokers or dealers (Appendix E to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1f Optional market and credit risk requirements for OTC derivatives dealers (Appendix F to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-1g Conditions for ultimate holding companies of certain brokers or dealers (Appendix G to 17 CFR 240.15c3-1).
- § 240.15c3-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.15c3-3 Customer protection - reserves and custody of securities.
- § 240.15c3-3a Exhibit A - Formula for determination of customer and PAB account reserve requirements of brokers and dealers under § 240.15c3-3.
- § 240.15c3-4 Internal risk management control systems for OTC derivatives dealers.
- § 240.15c3-5 Risk management controls for brokers or dealers with market access.
- § 240.15c6-1 Settlement cycle.
Regulation 15D: Reports of Registrants Under the Securities Act of 1933 (§ - )
Annual Reports (§§ 240.15d-1 - 240.15d-6)
Other Reports (§§ 240.15d-10 - 240.15d-20)
- § 240.15d-10 Transition reports.
- § 240.15d-11 Current reports on Form 8-K (§ 249.308 of this chapter).
- § 240.15d-13 Quarterly reports on Form 10-Q (§ 249.308 of this chapter).
- § 240.15d-14 Certification of disclosure in annual and quarterly reports.
- § 240.15d-15 Controls and procedures.
- § 240.15d-16 Reports of foreign private issuers on Form 6-K [17 CFR 249.306].
- § 240.15d-17 Reports of asset-backed issuers on Form 10-D (§ 249.312 of this chapter).
- § 240.15d-18 Compliance with servicing criteria for asset-backed securities.
- § 240.15d-19 Reports by shell companies on Form 20-F.
- § 240.15d-20 Plain English presentation of specified information.
Exemption of Certain Issuers From Section 15(d) of the Act (§§ 240.15d-21 - 240.15g-100)
- § 240.15d-21 Reports for employee stock purchase, savings and similar plans.
- § 240.15d-22 Reporting regarding asset-backed securities under section 15(d) of the Act.
- § 240.15d-23 Reporting regarding certain securities underlying asset-backed securities under section 15(d) of the Act.
- § 240.15g-1 Exemptions for certain transactions.
- § 240.15g-2 Penny stock disclosure document relating to the penny stock market.
- § 240.15g-3 Broker or dealer disclosure of quotations and other information relating to the penny stock market.
- § 240.15g-4 Disclosure of compensation to brokers or dealers.
- § 240.15g-5 Disclosure of compensation of associated persons in connection with penny stock transactions.
- § 240.15g-6 Account statements for penny stock customers.
- § 240.15g-8 Sales of escrowed securities of blank check companies.
- § 240.15g-9 Sales practice requirements for certain low-priced securities.
- § 240.15g-100 Schedule 15G - Information to be included in the document distributed pursuant to 17 CFR 240.15g-2.
National and Affiliated Securities Associations (§§ 240.15Aa-1 - 240.15Bc7-1)
- § 240.15Aa-1 Registration of a national or an affiliated securities association.
- § 240.15Aj-1 Amendments and supplements to registration statements of securities associations.
- § 240.15Al2-1 [Reserved]
- § 240.15Ba1-1 Definitions.
- § 240.15Ba1-2 Registration of municipal advisors and information regarding certain natural persons.
- § 240.15Ba1-3 Exemption of certain natural persons from registration under section 15B(a)(1)(B) of the Act.
- § 240.15Ba1-4 Withdrawal from municipal advisor registration.
- § 240.15Ba1-5 Amendments to Form MA and Form MA-I.
- § 240.15Ba1-6 Consent to service of process to be filed by non-resident municipal advisors; legal opinion to be provided by non-resident municipal advisors.
- § 240.15Ba1-7 Registration of successor to municipal advisor.
- § 240.15Ba1-8 Books and records to be made and maintained by municipal advisors.
- § 240.15Ba2-1 Application for registration of municipal securities dealers which are banks or separately identifiable departments or divisions of banks.
- § 240.15Ba2-2 Application for registration of non-bank municipal securities dealers whose business is exclusively intrastate.
- § 240.15Ba2-4 Registration of successor to registered municipal securities dealer.
- § 240.15Ba2-5 Registration of fiduciaries.
- § 240.15Ba2-6 [Reserved]
- § 240.15Bc3-1 Withdrawal from registration of municipal securities dealers.
- § 240.15Bc4-1 Persons associated with municipal advisors.
- § 240.15Bc7-1 Availability of examination reports.
Registration of Government Securities Brokers and Government Securities Dealers (§§ 240.15Ca1-1 - 240.15Cc1-1)
- § 240.15Ca1-1 Notice of government securities broker-dealer activities.
- § 240.15Ca2-1 Application for registration as a government securities broker or government securities dealer.
- § 240.15Ca2-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.15Ca2-3 Registration of successor to registered government securities broker or government securities dealer.
- § 240.15Ca2-4 Registration of fiduciaries.
- § 240.15Ca2-5 Consent to service of process to be furnished by non-resident government securities brokers or government securities dealers and by non-resident general partners or managing agents of government securities brokers or government securities dealers.
- § 240.15Cc1-1 Withdrawal from registration of government securities brokers or government securities dealers.
Registration and Regulation of Security-based Swap Dealers and Major Security-based Swap Participants (§§ 240.15Fb1-1. - 240.16a-13)
- § 240.15Fb1-1. Signatures.
- § 240.15Fb2-1 Registration of security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants.
- § 240.15Fb2-3 Amendments to Form SBSE, Form SBSE-A, and Form SBSE-BD.
- § 240.15Fb2-4 Nonresident security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants.
- § 240.15Fb2-5 Registration of successor to registered security-based swap dealer or a major security-based swap participant.
- § 240.15Fb2-6 Registration of fiduciaries.
- § 240.15Fb3-1 Duration of registration.
- § 240.15Fb3-2 Withdrawal from registration.
- § 240.15Fb3-3 Cancellation and revocation of registration.
- § 240.15Fb6-1 Associated persons.
- § 240.15Fb6-2 Associated person certification.
- § 240.15Fh-1 Scope and reliance on representations.
- § 240.15Fh-2 Definitions.
- § 240.15Fh-3 Business conduct requirements.
- § 240.15Fh-4 Antifraud provisions for security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants; special requirements for security-based swap dealers acting as advisors to special entities.
- § 240.15Fh-5 Special requirements for security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants acting as counterparties to special entities.
- § 240.15Fh-6 Political contributions by certain security-based swap dealers.
- § 240.15Fi-1 Definitions.
- § 240.15Fi-2 Acknowledgment and verification of security-based swap transactions.
- § 240.15Fk-1 Designation of chief compliance officer for security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants.
- § 240.15Ga-1 Repurchases and replacements relating to asset-backed securities.
- § 240.16a-1 Definition of terms.
- § 240.15Ga-2 Findings and conclusions of third-party due diligence reports.
- § 240.16a-2 Persons and transactions subject to section 16.
- § 240.16a-3 Reporting transactions and holdings.
- § 240.16a-4 Derivative securities.
- § 240.16a-5 Odd-lot dealers.
- § 240.16a-6 Small acquisitions.
- § 240.16a-7 Transactions effected in connection with a distribution.
- § 240.16a-8 Trusts.
- § 240.16a-9 Stock splits, stock dividends, and pro rata rights.
- § 240.16a-10 Exemptions under section 16(a).
- § 240.16a-11 Dividend or interest reinvestment plans.
- § 240.16a-12 Domestic relations orders.
- § 240.16a-13 Change in form of beneficial ownership.
Exemption of Certain Transactions From Section 16(b) (§§ 240.16b-1 - 240.16b-8)
- § 240.16b-1 Transactions approved by a regulatory authority.
- § 240.16b-2 [Reserved]
- § 240.16b-3 Transactions between an issuer and its officers or directors.
- § 240.16b-4 [Reserved]
- § 240.16b-5 Bona fide gifts and inheritance.
- § 240.16b-6 Derivative securities.
- § 240.16b-7 Mergers, reclassifications, and consolidations.
- § 240.16b-8 Voting trusts.
Exemption of Certain Transactions From Section 16(c) (§§ 240.16c-1 - 240.16c-4)
- § 240.16c-1 Brokers.
- § 240.16c-2 Transactions effected in connection with a distribution.
- § 240.16c-3 Exemption of sales of securities to be acquired.
- § 240.16c-4 Derivative securities.
Arbitrage Transactions (§ 240.16e-1)
Preservation of Records and Reports of Certain Stabilizing Activities (§§ 240.17a-1 - 240.17f-2)
- § 240.17a-1 Recordkeeping rule for national securities exchanges, national securities associations, registered clearing agencies and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- § 240.17a-2 Recordkeeping requirements relating to stabilizing activities.
- § 240.17a-3 Records to be made by certain exchange members, brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-4 Records to be preserved by certain exchange members, brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-5 Reports to be made by certain brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-6 Right of national securities exchange, national securities association, registered clearing agency or the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to destroy or dispose of documents.
- § 240.17a-7 Records of non-resident brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-8 Financial recordkeeping and reporting of currency and foreign transactions.
- § 240.17a-9T Records to be made and retained by certain exchange members, brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-10 Report on revenue and expenses.
- § 240.17a-11 Notification provisions for brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17a-12 Reports to be made by certain OTC derivatives dealers.
- § 240.17a-13 Quarterly security counts to be made by certain exchange members, brokers, and dealers.
- § 240.17a-18 [Reserved]
- § 240.17a-19 Form X-17A-19 Report by national securities exchanges and registered national securities associations of changes in the membership status of any of their members.
- § 240.17a-21 Reports of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- § 240.17a-22 Supplemental material of registered clearing agencies.
- § 240.17a-25 Electronic submission of securities transaction information by exchange members, brokers, and dealers.
- § 240.17d-1 Examination for compliance with applicable financial responsibility rules.
- § 240.17d-2 Program for allocation of regulatory responsibility.
- § 240.17f-1 Requirements for reporting and inquiry with respect to missing, lost, counterfeit or stolen securities.
- § 240.17f-2 Fingerprinting of securities industry personnel.
Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations (§§ 240.17g-1 - 240.17Ad-22)
- § 240.17g-1 Application for registration as a nationally recognized statistical rating organization.
- § 240.17g-2 Records to be made and retained by nationally recognized statistical rating organizations.
- § 240.17g-3 Annual financial and other reports to be filed or furnished by nationally recognized statistical rating organizations.
- § 240.17g-4 Prevention of misuse of material nonpublic information.
- § 240.17g-5 Conflicts of interest.
- § 240.17g-6 Prohibited acts and practices.
- § 240.17g-7 Disclosure requirements.
- § 240.17g-8 Policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- § 240.17g-9 Standards of training, experience, and competence for credit analysts.
- § 240.17g-10 Certification of providers of third-party due diligence services in connection with asset-backed securities.
- § 240.17h-1T Risk assessment recordkeeping requirements for associated persons of brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17h-2T Risk assessment reporting requirements for brokers and dealers.
- § 240.17Ab2-1 Registration of clearing agencies.
- § 240.17Ab2-2 Determinations affecting covered clearing agencies.
- § 240.17Ac2-1 Application for registration of transfer agents.
- § 240.17Ac2-2 Annual reporting requirement for registered transfer agents.
- § 240.17Ac3-1 Withdrawal from registration with the Commission.
- § 240.17Ad-1 Definitions.
- § 240.17Ad-2 Turnaround, processing, and forwarding of items.
- § 240.17Ad-3 Limitations on expansion.
- § 240.17Ad-4 Applicability of §§ 240.17Ad-2, 240.17Ad-3 and 240.17Ad-6(a) (1) through (7) and (11).
- § 240.17Ad-5 Written inquiries and requests.
- § 240.17Ad-6 Recordkeeping.
- § 240.17Ad-7 Record retention.
- § 240.17Ad-8 Securities position listings.
- § 240.17Ad-9 Definitions.
- § 240.17Ad-10 Prompt posting of certificate detail to master securityholder files, maintenance of accurate securityholder files, communications between co-transfer agents and recordkeeping transfer agents, maintenance of current control book, retention of certificate detail and “buy-in” of physical over-issuance.
- § 240.17Ad-11 Reports regarding aged record differences, buy-ins and failure to post certificate detail to master securityholder and subsidiary files.
- § 240.17Ad-12 Safeguarding of funds and securities.
- § 240.17Ad-13 Annual study and evaluation of internal accounting control.
- § 240.17Ad-14 Tender agents.
- § 240.17Ad-15 Signature guarantees.
- § 240.17Ad-16 Notice of assumption or termination of transfer agent services.
- § 240.17Ad-17 Lost securityholders and unresponsive payees.
- § 240.17Ad-18 Year 2000 Reports to be made by certain transfer agents.
- § 240.17Ad-19 Requirements for cancellation, processing, storage, transportation, and destruction or other disposition of securities certificates.
- § 240.17Ad-20 Issuer restrictions or prohibitions on ownership by securities intermediaries.
- § 240.17Ad-21T Operational capability in a Year 2000 environment.
- § 240.17Ad-22 Standards for clearing agencies.
Suspension and Expulsion of Exchange Members (§§ 240.19a3-1 - 240.19h-1)
- § 240.19a3-1 [Reserved]
- § 240.19b-3 [Reserved]
- § 240.19b-4 Filings with respect to proposed rule changes by self-regulatory organizations.
- § 240.19b-5 Temporary exemption from the filing requirements of Section 19(b) of the Act.
- § 240.19b-7 Filings with respect to proposed rule changes submitted pursuant to Section 19(b)(7) of the Act.
- § 240.19c-1 Governing certain off-board agency transactions by members of national securities exchanges.
- § 240.19c-3 Governing off-board trading by members of national securities exchanges.
- § 240.19c-4 Governing certain listing or authorization determinations by national securities exchanges and associations.
- § 240.19c-5 Governing the multiple listing of options on national securities exchanges.
- § 240.19d-1 Notices by self-regulatory organizations of final disciplinary actions, denials, bars, or limitations respecting membership, association, participation, or access to services, and summary suspensions.
- § 240.19d-2 Applications for stays of disciplinary sanctions or summary suspensions by a self-regulatory organization.
- § 240.19d-3 Applications for review of final disciplinary sanctions, denials of membership, participation or association, or prohibitions or limitations of access to services imposed by self-regulatory organizations.
- § 240.19d-4 Notice by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board of disapproval of registration or of disciplinary action.
- § 240.19g2-1 Enforcement of compliance by national securities exchanges and registered securities associations with the Act and rules and regulations thereunder.
- § 240.19h-1 Notice by a self-regulatory organization of proposed admission to or continuance in membership or participation or association with a member of any person subject to a statutory disqualification, and applications to the Commission for relief therefrom.
Securities Whistleblower Incentives and Protections (§§ 240.21F-1 - 240.21F-17)
- § 240.21F-1 General.
- § 240.21F-2 Whistleblower status and retaliation protection.
- § 240.21F-3 Payment of awards.
- § 240.21F-4 Other definitions.
- § 240.21F-5 Amount of award.
- § 240.21F-6 Criteria for determining amount of award.
- § 240.21F-7 Confidentiality of submissions.
- § 240.21F-8 Eligibility.
- § 240.21F-9 Procedures for submitting original information.
- § 240.21F-10 Procedures for making a claim for a whistleblower award in SEC actions that result in monetary sanctions in excess of $1,000,000.
- § 240.21F-11 Procedures for determining awards based upon a related action.
- § 240.21F-12 Materials that may form the basis of an award determination and that may comprise the record on appeal.
- § 240.21F-13 Appeals.
- § 240.21F-14 Procedures applicable to the payment of awards.
- § 240.21F-15 No amnesty.
- § 240.21F-16 Awards to whistleblowers who engage in culpable conduct.
- § 240.21F-17 Staff communications with individuals reporting possible securities law violations.
Inspection and Publication of Information Filed Under the Act (§§ 240.24b-1 - 240.36a1-2)
- § 240.24b-1 Documents to be kept public by exchanges.
- § 240.24b-2 Nondisclosure of information filed with the Commission and with any exchange.
- § 240.24b-3 Information filed by issuers and others under sections 12, 13, 14, and 16.
- § 240.24c-1 Access to nonpublic information.
- § 240.31 Section 31 transaction fees.
- § 240.31T Temporary rule regarding fiscal year 2004.
- § 240.36a1-1 Exemption from Section 7 for OTC derivatives dealers.
- § 240.36a1-2 Exemption from SIPA for OTC derivatives dealers.
- Subpart B - Rules and Regulations Under the Securities Investor Protection Act of 1970 [Reserved]
Section 240.9b-1 is also issued under sec. 2, 7, 10, 19(a), 48 Stat. 74, 78, 81, 85; secs. 201, 205, 209, 120, 48 Stat. 905, 906, 908; secs. 1-4, 8, 68 Stat. 683, 685; sec. 12(a), 73 Stat. 143; sec. 7(a), 74 Stat. 412; sec. 27(a), 84 Stat. 1433; sec. 308(a)(2), 90 Stat. 57; sec. 505, 94 Stat. 2292; secs. 9, 15, 23(a), 48 Stat. 889, 895, 901; sec. 230(a), 49 Stat. 704; secs. 3, 8, 49 Stat. 1377, 1379; sec. 2, 52 Stat. 1075; secs. 6, 10, 78 Stat. 570-574, 580; sec. 11(d), 84 Stat. 121; sec. 18, 89 Stat. 155; sec. 204, 91 Stat. 1500; 15 U.S.C. 77b, 77g, 77j, 77s(a), 78i, 78o, 78w(a);
Section 240.12a-7 also issued under 15 U.S.C. 78aet seq., particularly secs. 3(a)(12), 15 U.S.C. 78c(a)(12), 6, 15U.S.C. 78(f), 11A, 15 U.S.C. 78k, 12, 15U.S.C. 78(l), and 23(a)(1), 15 U.S.C. 78(w)(a)(1).
Sections 240.13e-4, 240.14d-7, 240.14d-10 and 240.14e-1 also issued under secs. 3(b), 9(a)(6), 10(b), 13(e), 14(d) and 14(e), 15 U.S.C. 78c(b), 78i(a)(6), 78j(b), 78m(e), 78n(d) and 78n(e) and sec. 23(c) of the Investment Company Act of 1940, 15 U.S.C 80a-23(c);
Sections 240.13e-4 to 240.13e-101 also issued under secs. 3(b), 9(a)(6), 10(b), 13(e), 14(e), 15(c)(1), 48 Stat. 882, 889, 891, 894, 895, 901, sec. 8, 49 Stat. 1379, sec. 5, 78 Stat. 569, 570, secs. 2, 3, 82 Stat. 454, 455, secs. 1, 2, 3-5, 84 Stat. 1497, secs. 3, 18, 89 Stat. 97, 155; 15 U.S.C. 78c(b), 78i(a)(6), 78j(b), 78m(e), 78n(e), 78o(c); sec. 23(c) of the Investment Company Act of 1940; 54 Stat. 825; 15 U.S.C. 80a-23(c);
Section 240.14e-4 also issued under the Exchange Act, 15 U.S.C. 78aet seq., and particularly sections 3(b), 10(a), 10(b), 14(e), 15(c), and 23(a) of the Exchange Act (15 U.S.C. 78c(b), 78j(a), 78j(b), 78n(e), 78o(c), and 78w(a)).
Sections 240.15b10-1 to 240.15b10-9 also issued under secs. 15, 17, 48 Stat. 895, 897, sec. 203, 49 Stat. 704, secs. 4, 8, 49 Stat. 1379, sec. 5, 52 Stat. 1076, sec. 6, 78 Stat. 570; 15 U.S.C. 78o, 78q, 12U.S.C. 241 nt.;
Section 240.17a-3 also issued under secs. 2, 17, 23a, 48 Stat. 897, as amended; 15 U.S.C. 78d-1, 78d-2, 78q; secs. 12, 14, 17, 23(a), 48 Stat. 892, 895, 897, 901; secs. 1, 4, 8, 49 Stat. 1375, 1379; sec. 203(a), 49 Stat. 704; sec. 5, 52 Stat. 1076; sec. 202, 68 Stat. 686; secs. 3, 5, 10, 78 Stat. 565-568, 569, 570, 580; secs. 1, 3, 82 Stat. 454, 455; secs. 28(c), 3-5, 84 Stat. 1435, 1497; sec. 105(b), 88 Stat. 1503; secs. 8, 9, 14, 18, 89 Stat. 117, 118, 137, 155; 15 U.S.C. 78l, 78n, 78q, 78w(a);
Section 240.17a-4 also issued under secs. 2, 17, 23(a), 48 Stat. 897, as amended; 15 U.S.C. 78a, 78d-1, 78d-2; sec. 14, Pub. L. 94-29, 89 Stat. 137 (15 U.S.C. 78a); sec. 18, Pub. L. 94-29, 89 Stat. 155 (15 U.S.C. 78w);
Section 240.19c-5 also issued under Sections 6, 11A, and 19 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, 48 Stat. 885, as amended, 89 Stat. 111, as amended, and 48 Stat. 898, as amended, 15 U.S.C. 78f, 78k-1, and 78s.
In §§ 240.0-1 to 240.24b-3, the numbers to the right of the decimal point correspond with the respective rule numbers of the rules and regulations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
ATTENTION ELECTRONIC FILERS
THIS REGULATION SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH REGULATION S-T (PART 232 OF THIS CHAPTER), WHICH GOVERNS THE PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT. MANY PROVISIONS RELATING TO THE PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS IN PAPER FORMAT CONTAINED IN THIS REGULATION ARE SUPERSEDED BY THE PROVISIONS OF REGULATION S-T FOR DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE FILED IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT.
For the scope of and definitions applicable to Regulation 14E, refer to § 240.14d-1.