17 CFR 240.19g2-1 - Enforcement of compliance by national securities exchanges and registered securities associations with the Act and rules and regulations thereunder.
(a) In enforcing compliance, within the meaning of section 19(g) of the Act, with the Act and the rules and regulations thereunder by its members and persons associated with its members, a national securities exchange or registered securities association is not required:
(1) To enforce compliance with sections 12 (other than sections 12(j) and 12(k)), 13, 14 (other than section 14(b)), 15(d) and 16 and the rules thereunder except to the extent of any action normally taken with respect to any person which is not a member or a person associated with a member;
(2) To enforce compliance with respect to persons associated with a member, other than securities persons or persons who control a member; and
(3) To conduct examinations as to qualifications of, require filing of periodic reports by, or conduct regular inspections (including examinations of books and records) of, persons associated with a member, other than securities persons whose functions are not solely clerical or ministerial.
(b) For the purpose of this rule:
(1) A securities person is a person who is a general partner or officer (or person occupying a similar status or performing similar functions) or employee of a member; Provided, however, That a registered broker or dealer which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, the member and the general partners and officers (and persons occupying similar status or performing similar functions) and employees of such a registered broker or dealer shall be securities persons if they effect, directly or indirectly, transactions in securities through the member by use of facilities maintained or supervised by such exchange or association; and
(2) Control means the power to direct or cause the direction of the management or policies of a company whether through ownership of securities, by contract or otherwise; Provided, however, That:
(i) Any person who, directly or indirectly, (A) has the right to vote 25 percent or more of the voting securities, (B) is entitled to receive 25 percent or more of the net profits, or (C) is a director (or person occupying a similar status or performing similar functions) of a company shall be presumed to be a person who controls such company;
(ii) Any person not covered by paragraph (b)(2)(i) of this section shall be presumed not to be a person who controls such company; and
(iii) Any presumption may be rebutted on an appropriate showing.
Title 17 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 17 CFR Part 240 after this date.