17 CFR 240.6a-2 - Amendments to application.
(a) A national securities exchange, or an exchange exempted from such registration based on limited volume, shall file an amendment to Form 1, ( § 249.1 of this chapter), which shall set forth the nature and effective date of the action taken and shall provide any new information and correct any information rendered inaccurate, on Form 1, ( § 249.1 of this chapter), within 10 days after any action is taken that renders inaccurate, or that causes to be incomplete, any of the following:
(2) Information filed as part of Exhibits C, F, G, H, J, K or M, or any amendments thereto.
(1) Exhibits D and I as of the end of the latest fiscal year of the exchange; and
(2) Exhibits K, M, and N, which shall be up to date as of the latest date practicable within 3 months of the date the amendment is filed.
(c) On or before June 30, 2001 and every 3 years thereafter, a national securities exchange, or an exchange exempted from such registration based on limited volume, shall file, as an amendment to Form 1, complete Exhibits A, B, C and J. The information filed under this paragraph (c) shall be current as of the latest practicable date, but shall, at a minimum, be up to date within 3 months as of the date the amendment is filed.
(1) If an exchange, on an annual or more frequent basis, publishes, or cooperates in the publication of, any of the information required to be filed by paragraphs (b)(2) and (c) of this section, in lieu of filing such information, an exchange may:
(i) Identify the publication in which such information is available, the name, address, and telephone number of the person from whom such publication may be obtained, and the price of such publication; and
(ii) Certify to the accuracy of such information as of its publication date.
(2) If an exchange keeps the information required under paragraphs (b)(2) and (c) of this section up to date and makes it available to the Commission and the public upon request, in lieu of filing such information, an exchange may certify that the information is kept up to date and is available to the Commission and the public upon request.
(3) If the information required to be filed under paragraphs (b)(2) and (c) of this section is available continuously on an Internet web site controlled by an exchange, in lieu of filing such information with the Commission, such exchange may:
(i) Indicate the location of the Internet web site where such information may be found; and
(ii) Certify that the information available at such location is accurate as of its date.
(e) The Commission may exempt a national securities exchange, or an exchange exempted from such registration based on limited volume, from filing the amendment required by this section for any affiliate or subsidiary listed in Exhibit C of the exchange's application for registration, as amended, that either:
(1) Is listed in Exhibit C of the application for registration or notice of registration, as amended, of one or more other national securities exchanges; or
(2) Was an inactive subsidiary throughout the subsidiary's latest fiscal year. Any such exemption may be granted upon terms and conditions the Commission deems necessary or appropriate in the public interest or for the protection of investors, provided however, that at least one national securities exchange shall be required to file the amendments required by this section for an affiliate or subsidiary described in paragraph (e)(1) of this section.