Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 270.8b-16 Amendments to registration statement.
(a) Every registered management investment company which is required to file a semi-annual report on Form N-SAR, as prescribed by rule 30b1-1 (17 CFR 270.30b1-1), shall amend the registration statement required pursuant to Section 8(b) by filing, not more than 120 days after the close of each fiscal year ending on or after the date upon which such registration statement was filed, the appropriate form prescribed for such amendments.
(b)Paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply to a registered closed-end management investment company whose registration statement was filed on Form N-2; provided that the following information is transmitted to shareholders in its annual report to shareholders:
(1) If the company offers a dividend reinvestment plan to shareholders, information about the plan required to be disclosed in the company's prospectus by Item 10.1.e of Form N-2 (17 CFR 274.11a-1);
(2) Any material changes in the company's investment objectives or policies (described in Item 8.2 of Form N-2) that have not been approved by shareholders;
(3) Any changes in the company's charter or by-laws that would delay or prevent a change of control of the company (described in Item 10.1.f of Form N-2) that have not been approved by shareholders;
(4) Any material changes in the principal risk factors associated with investment in the company (described in Item 8.3 of Form N-2); and
(5) Any changes in the persons who are primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the company's portfolio (described in Item 9.1.c of Form N-2), including any new person's business experience during the past five years and the length of time he or she has been responsible for the management of the portfolio.
(c) In lieu of including a description of the dividend reinvestment plan in its annual report, a company may comply with the disclosure requirement of paragraph (b)(1) of this section concerning a company's dividend reinvestment plan by delivering to each shareholder annually a separate document containing the information about the plan required to be disclosed in the company's prospectus by Item 10.1.e of Form N-2. Any such document shall be deemed to be a record or document subject to the record-keeping requirements of section 31 (15 U.S.C. 80a-30) and the rules adopted thereunder (17 CFR 270.31a-1 et seq.).
(d) The changes required to be disclosed by paragraphs (b)(2) through (b)(5) of this section are those that occurred since the later of either the effective date of the company's registration statement relating to its initial offering of securities under the Securities Act of 1933 (15 U.S.C. 77aet seq.) (or the most recent post-effective amendment thereto) or the close of the period covered by the previously transmitted annual shareholder report.